Re: WVC200 PTZ Camera Color Problem

just ordered the filter, maybe it's already been mentioned and i missed it but should the existing filter be removed??

Nope, this one goes right on the front of the lens. You don't need to take the lens apart.

Green is Green!  Thanks for the help.  The RC20-10R from Sunex did the trick.

Good job! Looks really nice!

Thanks to the unknown person cruising this forum last nite that called my house to remind me that my webcams were still on default settings and that everyone(general public) could see private events on our patio. All passwords have been reset and only given to family members. Thank you again; a mean person could have caused a lots of trouble(you were a kind person).

Hi,

Did anyone try the IRC21-12R filter? It says it is for CMOS (the IRC20 says CCD) these are supposed to be CMOS cameras right?

Cheers!

I'm shopping on eBay for an IR blocking filter for my WVC200.  There are IR reflecting and IR absorbing types of filters.  Could readers please post information on the make and model of all IR filters tested so we know which ones do not work as well as which ones do work?

Seems to me that any filter that passes visible light and blocks IR waves longer than 800nm should work, but I'd like to hear test results from users.

Thanks.

Jerry809, Colorado WVC200 web IPcam

To me, it's real simple now...  If you have hardware V1.2 and are trying to use IR, your out of luck.  Unless you pop the dome and remove the glued on filter (on the lens itself).  Once you do that you have great IR response from any 850nm Ill.  Then you sacrifice real light color.  I guess you can't have the best of both worlds for the dollar amount of the WVC200.

Overall, now that I have figured that out, I like the product.

M

Lowlight hits it right on the head! He is correct. For those of us that hates purple trees, Linksys has fixed that in the 1.2 version. For those of us that wants to see in the dark will need to get the 1.1 version or as Lowlight mentioned, take off the filter. For the 1.2 with IR lamp you may get about 30%, this means that if you use a 50 meter lamp you'll get to see about 15 meters of that in the dark.

So, I've been researching PTZ cameras with low-light/night capability...how exactly would I go about getting (and insuring) a v1.1 version of this camera at this point?  I'd really rather not have to dissassemble something I just bought to get the results I want...