WVC200 PTZ Camera Color Problem

When I view my camera the color green is purple! I’ve worked with Linksys chat twice, the first time I was sent new firmware, the second they offered to replace the camera. I sent it in and will wait to see how the next camera looks.

My problem and question to the forum is “Will the new camera have the same problem”? Linksys acts like they don’t know about this problem . . . yet I can see reviews on the camera that list this as a problem. (see review by Kevin Elgan – Personal Tech Pipeline).

If it has the same problem is there a way to fix it with firmware? I also have a WVC54G and that camera works great . . . I only hope this is something that can be fixed!

Thanks!

Re: WVC200 PTZ Camera Color Problem

this is the first time i have heard of such an issue...my guess will be that you will get a good working product in exchange....may have been a one off case Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply . . . I'm sending it in for a replacement and will hope for the best.

I put a couple of pictures up at home.comcast.net/~ajfelty/ just in case anyone cares to look at what I've been talking about.

Dale...

My WVC200 PTZ camera also has the color problem. My green grass looks purplish brown as do the green trees.

Let me know if you find a cure.

Take a look at it during the day at http://www.gladstone3.com

Select the Loghome Webcam link

Use either guest or guest1 for both the username and password.

Let me know if you try it.

Herb Jones

herbjones@bellsouth.net

Same color problem here. I've tried the preset color settings in addition to the auto with no change. I'd say the cameras have a problem.

Mine has the same problem, there is effectively no green.  Greens appear purple or brown.  Anyone find a solution.  (Example: http://joshandkate.homeip.net/mrcamera/current.jpg)

I just returned mine to Linksys because of the color problem and received a new one that does the exact same thing. Their support person was clueless about the color issue.
I think they are selling a product with one or two very serious problems. My suggestion to anyone reading this is that if you can get your money back on this cam, do it ASAP. It's way too expensive to have this kind of problem.
My question is - does anyone have one of these cams with good color?

Steve Ludlow

I've not got mine back yet so I don't know if I'll have the same problem. I have found on the internet "not linksys" that the color problem has something to do with the inferred capability of the camera. Focus the camera on something green that’s close to the camera and it looks green.

If mine is the same when I get it back I’m going to try and escalate as high as I can.  The first time I went to Linksys support the told me they were aware of the problem and that it would be fixed with firmware.   To good of a company / product to let their support turn people away.

I have also returned my WVC200 PTZ camera for the color problem and just a green distortion that always appeared with connected via Lan or wireless.  Have yet to receive my replacement. 

Also I have about 9 WVC54G camera and they all work well, motion detection, email, etc... too bad the WVC200 was such a disappointment.

I got my camera back . . . you guessed it, same problem.

I have found that green will look green within the first 3 feet of the camera. I have also read that the color problem has something to do with the low light capabilities of the camera. But who knows since Linksys won't say anything...

JackKnife had a great question "does anyone have one of these cams with good color?" It sure would be nice to know! My experience to date with Linksys Support tells me I can get more information from this community then I can from them...