Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bartelsjoshuac

Re: WVC200 PTZ Camera Color Problem

Anyone here anything from Linksys on the green problems yet.  It looks like they are still not acknowlegding it is a problem and replacing the camera does seem to be helping anyone either.
aiwtd

I've got some time tomorrow . . . I'll try again with linksys and see where it gets me and let you know...

Dale...

I have the same problem: any green foliage (grass, bushes, tree canopy) looks pink on my WVC200. People look at it and ask me, "Why are my grass and trees pink?" I had linksys replace the original one but the second WVC20 also had the same problem.

I've had an open problem ticket since June about this. In July, after the second camera had the same problem, they finally passed it on to the "proper department" so they can follow through on it. I believe that means they tossed the incident into a black hole since I have never heard from them since and there have been no firmware updates.

And then sololink's server took a hit last month and my camera has not been online since then. The sololink forum indicates users are being told it is a known problem but nothing yet has been done about it. I finally cancelled my sololink device accounts and moved to DNDNS.COM. DYNDNS.COM actually works and its free.

I'm very disappointed with Cisco/Linksys customer service. They were once a top-notch company.

Phil
David_P

I asked support about the color problems since I have been researching wireless webcams and the guy seemed clueless. Actually he was more like a used car salesman saying there is nothing wrong with their cameras and not to believe what you read. Then he asked me to do a search on the knowledge base and while I was on the phone with him, I did so.. and nothing came up.

Clearly this is not good. The have to be aware of the problem. I have several Linksys products and have been very happy with them. I hope the fix the color issue fast or they are going to loose some serious customers.
aiwtd

If anyone get good news about the color green please let us all know! If not for that this is a great camera for the price!

Dale...
judy

I have the same problem where greens appear purple - like grass and trees and house plants. I happened to point camera toward a PC screen that had a lot of green, and bingo camera saw green just fine. What is different about monitor green that makes that work ok? Did Linksys resolve the "purple problem" with anyone yet?

It appears the cam is sensitive to the infrared spectrum. That would explain the color shift and the difference between light reflected from foliage and green colors imaged from an inorganic source. Examples of images taken with color infrared film can be found on the internet and they closely resemble what we're seeing with these cams.

[ Edited ]
JackKnife,
Wow! I think you're on to something.
I did a google search on infrared images and I think you are right. Still, there are many cameras out there that don't have this problem that can view infrared and their day-time images look normal.

What did Linksys not do to cause this camera to be so sensitive to infrared. Is there a fix? Is Linksys silent on the problem because there is no fix?

If infrared sensitivity is causing the problem, is there anything we can do to improve color rendering of the WVC200? Can we put some kind of filter over it to block out the infrared?

Phil

Message Edited by NE-Phil on 11-08-200612:39 PM

yurykk

Hi

According to Linksys tech support they are aware of the problem and currently
 working of new version of firmware which will include fix, but don't have expected
 release date.

Another name for that is vaporware!

You have to excuse my pessimism because Linksys support has known about this particular problem since at least June. I hope they are not just giving you a line.

But just to make sure I follow the guidelines:
Current version of firmware as of today is version 1.01 dated July 7, 2006. And that was only to fix the ActiveX expired certificate problem.

Phil