Re: WVC200 PTZ Camera Color Problem

[ Edited ]
Does anyone have any updates?

Message Edited by robertfusco on 11-30-200606:05 AM

robertfusco wrote:
Does anyone have any updates?

Current version of firmware as of today, Thursday, November 30, 2006,  is version 1.01 dated July 7, 2006. And that was only to fix the ActiveX expired certificate problem.

You can check for yourself by going to the WVC200 Firmware Update page here.

Phil

Guys . . . JackKnife is right! Its all about the cam's sensitive to the infrared spectrum. I went out and got an IRLight and you can not believe how good this camera is in the dark. I also have a $30.00 IR camera from Sam's Club, it can tell when it's light and dark and adjusts it's self accordingly. If only this camera did . . . if only CISCO / Linksys would tell us what's going on! It's sad when we know more then their support team does about a good product . . .

Aiwtd...

aiwtd wrote:
Guys . . . JackKnife is right! Its all about the cam's sensitive to the infrared spectrum. I went out and got an IRLight and you can not believe how good this camera is in the dark. I also have a $30.00 IR camera from Sam's Club, it can tell when it's light and dark and adjusts it's self accordingly. If only this camera did . . . if only CISCO / Linksys would tell us what's going on! It's sad when we know more then their support team does about a good product . . .

Aiwtd...

aiwtd,
Have you seen ThomasB's post? He bought an IR lamp and his result's indicate the WVC200 does poorly in the infrared spectrum.
What exactly are you using for an IR light? Make & model? What kind of viewing distance are you getting? Short hallway as opposed to across a backyard?

I'd say Cisco/Linksys is doing a pretty good job of being consistent: like their camera, they're keeping us in the dark! They're have been no firmware updates since July and that was only to update the security certificates.

Phil

NE-Phil . . . Right now I have it inside. Normally I sit it in my front window but its a waist during winter to try and look through the window.

I purchased the "Jwin JVAC156 IR Night Vision Lamp (60-ft range)" and it works very well inside, in the basement. You can do a search and find them all over the web . . . prices change so much these days...

Dale...

I just ordered a WVC200 from NEWEGG and have not receieved it yet. Based on your collective green experience with the WVC200, which camera do you wish you had purchased instead?

I really don't know where some of you guy's been! This came up in the forum so amy times already. Page 73 of the manual talks about an IR filter for lowlight. Basiaclly it is a dual band filter with some compromise for normal light and low light. During high IR emission there will be some red tint in the image, at the same time under no light and an IR lamp it will enhance the lighting so you could see in total darkness. However there are different types of IR illuminator, 2 such types on the market are 850 nm and 950 nm. The WVC200 filter is senitive to 850nm, this maybe the reason why IR illuminator from one of the contrubutors does not work well with the camera. If users would like to enhance the normal light image quality at the sacrifice of degrading IR illuminator compatibility there is a company in San Diego that sells IR filter to correct this. If you need more information, let me know.

I have sent back 3 webcams WVC200 for color distortion. They all came back with same problem. Technical told me that it was a hardware problem, not a software one and they thought that this problem had been fixed. I am getting all my replacement cams from Toronto warehouse. They(tech), told me that it was possible that some warehouses still had the old webcams on their shelves and not been replaced with newer one. I keep sending them back until i have a good green cedar and pine trees, no pink/purple trees. Anyone has a good webcam that shows green trees. Let me know where you got it...

"There is a company in San Diego that sells IR filter to correct this. If you need more information, let me know."

-- Wow, I missed this post last June, can you send me that information, I would love to correct the daytime color issues with my camera, even if I had to open the camera up and potentially wreck it.  The color is so bad on it, I've been thinking of replacing it anyway.

How many cameras do you have? One or 3?