athanasiades

WVC54GC WPA-personnal Problem

Hello,

I have been trying to connect my WVC54GC camera wirelessly with my router using WPA-personal encryption. I connect successfully to the camera using WEP 64/128 and without encryption. Connectivity problems appear only using WPA-personal. The camera has the latest firmware (v1.21). The wireless router I am using is SpeedTouch 585i v6 (firmware version 6.2.16.3). I doubt that it is a problem with my router because I use WPA-WPA2 encryption to connect to an HP laptop and a PC using a Netgear USB wireless adapter and everything works fine. I returned my previous WVC54GC camera thinking this might be a problem with the device but the replacement camera exhibits the same problems. Moreover, I have spoken 4 times to the online Linksys technical support without result. Has anyone gotten to connect to their WVC54GC camera using WPA-personal encryption? If yes, please let me know how you did it because I am at my wits end here.

Thank you...
kevinwelty

Re: WVC54GC WPA-personnal Problem

Technical support tells me WPA is broken and a known issue.  Form searching on the boards, this issue has been broken since at least 1/2006 when it was reported.  Tech support has not been able to offer a firmware fix at all.  Their answer was to disbale security or run WEP, like I really want to have my network invaded using either of those two methods.  Some indicated MAC filtering could be sued, but that doesnt help spoofing an address (veyr easy to do). 

there is some kind of firmware release 1.21 that supposedly fixes this but as of yet I have not been able to find it.  References online to this have been removed.  If anyone has a beta 1.21 release for the WVC54GC camera, please email me at kevinwelty (at) earthlink.net.
slotb007

Hello,

I have since this week the WVC54GC cam, and I encounter the same problems, I have already firmware version 1.21 from factory but it doesn't have a solution for the WPA-personal problems. I have the same problem.

I'm refusing to decrease mij security and I hope that linksys cones with a solution soon.

Greetings,

M.Slotboom
athanasiades

Unfortunately, I must confirm this. My webcam has firmware version v1.21 and it does not work. I am very disappointed that Linksys cannot produce a product that works and moreover falsely advertises the product with WPA-PSK support.

Regards,

Nikolas