Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
performify

WVC54GCA Firmware Version: v1.1.00 build 02

[ Edited ]

I purchased two new WVC54GCA cameras to add to my existing installation (now four total).

My previous cameras, purchased ~6 months ago, came with firmware Ver.1.00R24, which is also the most recent available for download from the LinksysbyCisco website.

My two new cameras say: Firmware Version: v1.1.00 build 02

I tried Customer Support, but they tried to tell me that Ver.1.00R24 was newer than v1.1.00 and that I should "upgrade" to the latest on the website.  Unfortunately I think they just didn't know enough to go "off script" and I'm loathe to downgrade the firmware.

Anyone know anything about this v1.1.00 firmware?  Anyone in a position of authority able to confirm that it's actually older?  Or, as I suspect, is it a newer firmware version just not yet available for download from the website?

Thanks...

-P

Message Edited by performify on 10-16-2009 12:46 PM
oook

Re: WVC54GCA Firmware Version: v1.1.00 build 02

The available firmware on the linksys website for WVC54GCA is Ver.1.00R24.
performify

[ Edited ]

I appreciate your attempt at helping.  But yes, I know that Ver.1.00R24 is the latest on the website. I said exactly that in my original post. 

My two newest cameras I purchased this week both say  Firmware Version: v1.1.00 build 02 which I believe to be newer than the version on the website and am trying to find out what's up with that.

I am trying to figure out what the deal is with the v1.1 firmware.  v1.1 is not referenced in the firmware release notes on the website, and in typical software numbering obviously v1.1 would be newer than v1.00.  

As such, I'm trying to find out if anyone else has seen v1.1 in the wild, why that's not on the website, if I should "upgrade" to the version on the website, etc.

Screenshot of firmware status:

v1.1

Message Edited by performify on 10-18-2009 08:30 AM
MyHomeServer

Most likely when they released the WVC80N cam, they simply did a new rev of the WVC54GCA and made a new version.  They could have fixed a few bugs, not sure but most likely Linksys will post something shortly. 
http://www.MyHomeServer.com

Linksys IP camera reviews, Tutorials and How-To's on Web & Mobile Streaming
marceloaragao

Hi

If we look at the firmware's release notes 'http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WVC54GCA/download' we will see v1.00R24 is really NEWER than V1.22....therefore the recomendation is to upgrade

Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems, Inc.

Product:                WVC54GCA

Classification:         Firmware Release History

Release Date:           1/07/2008

Last Firmware Version:    V1.00R24, Jan 7, 2008

Version v1.00R24, Jan 7, 2008
- Updated TZO DDNS client code to resolve an issue with incorrect TZO server address being used to resolve the customers FQDN.

Version V1.22, , Oct 30, 2007
- Initial Release

Best regards and good luck,

Marcelo

performify

[ Edited ]

Marcelo,

The release notes reference two separate releases:

Version v1.00R24, Jan 7, 2008

Version V1.22, , Oct 30, 2007

You'll note there is no mention of release V1.1 in the release notes.

I apprecaite you trying to help, but again, I'm looking for some formal recognition or response regarding V1.1.

Unless someone can provide specific information, it's most logical to assume that V1.1 is actually a newer release that has not yet been posted to the website.

-P

Message Edited by performify on 10-24-2009 11:40 PM
trakais33

[ Edited ]

There also is written 100 problems with this camera firmware security, wrong motion detection, possibility to connecting camera only with static IP etc, old ActiveX sertificate. And no new release for firmware 2 years long.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

Message Edited by iamgiantherockstar on 10-26-2009 01:11 PM
phbrush

I also have a WVC54GCA with V1.00R24 firmware, which as far as I remember is what came with the unit over a year ago. The camera has been problematic from the start, and I was hoping that some revisions had been made to the code in all this time which would make it more stable.
adamfernandez

Hi all, I made a big mistake by thinking that the linksys website had the latest and greatest firmware. I overwrote my V1.1.00 build02 firmware with the V1.0.0R24. It has cause nothing but problems with the motion sensing. YES I did go through the regular drill of calling tech support from "India" (customer support named Shruti) that told me Version 1.0 is the latest and my 1.1 was an older version. They can't provide me any useful information about getting the V1.1.00 after pointing them to this tread. My question is Does anyone know of a way to extract the Firmware version V1.1.00 Build 02 from an existing camera out there and post it for us to install?...I know for a fact that the V1.1.00 Build to is so much more stable that V1.0.0 R24. Can we install the WVC80N firmware on the WVC54GCA instead since its the latest camera out there from Linksys and that it is very similar to it with the exception of the "N" technology. I see the reviews from myhomserver.om that it is a better camera and do hope the firmware is too as well. Thanks I hope to hear from someone soon!!!
maurice118

adamfernandez wrote:
Can we install the WVC80N firmware on the WVC54GCA instead since its the latest camera out there from Linksys and that it is very similar to it with the exception of the "N" technology. I see the reviews from myhomserver.om that it is a better camera and do hope the firmware is too as well. Thanks I hope to hear from someone soon!!!

The problem is I think that the camera has different hardware, so you could get problems with the linux drivers for ie the wifi-card. Also if the firmware changes something in the bootsectors it could brick your camera. IMO it is not worth the risk, if it is even possible.

BTW if you didn't know the cams use embedded linux for OS.

I also wish someone could provide us with a better firmware. I am also having trouble with the motion detection, it detects too much. What is your problem with the motion detection and firmware V1.0.0 R24?

Maurice  :smileyhappy: