Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VeeCee
Accepted Solution

WVC54GCA Two cameras Recording

I installed 2 cameras. Both picked up and seen on screen. I was trying instant recording. Both indicate recording. However when I try to playback, it shows two MyCameras on the drop down menu even though I have named the cameras as "Front" and "Back". I can replay from the 1st MyCamera and when I try the 2nd MyCamera it says there are no recorded files to play!! Sometimes when I select the 2nd MyCamera it says "Playback S has encountered a problem and needs to close" When I checked the hard drive I can see .sef files under BOTH cameras under data. I  think the problem can be solved if the drop down list shows the names I have given to the cameras and not two MyCamera.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

VeeCee

Re: WVC54GCA Two cameras Recording

Hi

When I checked the network camera setup, I note that my cameras have different IP addresses BUT the same Port Number. Could that be a reason?

castor

Try to un-install and re-install the camera utility and see if that makes any difference...
VeeCee

Thanks.

I uninstalled and re-installed twice.

No luck

itsokrelax

Try and change the camera name in setup. Its under basic.
VeeCee

[ Edited ]

I solved the problem.

First I restored to factory defaults. Advanced configuration/Administration.
Then to be doubly sure I reset the cameras with the reset button on the camera.
Installed the first camera and gave a name.

(During the The 1st attempt I installed both the cameras one after the other and changed the names later. I am not sure whether it matters)

Instant recording was done BUT in the playback there was only one camera called MyCamera!!
Was able to replay the recording.

Installed the 2nd camera as above and did an instant recording.
This time the drop box showed two cameras. MyCamera AND the name of the 2nd camera!!!
Clicked on the camera and I could play both recordings!!!!!

Thank you every one for your suggestions.

Message Edited by VeeCee on 01-27-2009 03:41 AM