Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DeweyW

WVC80N Motion Detection Solved ... sorta

After a nice Live Chat with a tech rep, I was able to get wireless Motion Detection working and recording on my local hard disk.

You MUST setup Motion Detection in both the camera GUI and the Monitor program on the computer.

First open the camera GUI in a browser; it likes IE better than FireFox, especially the pop-up window.  Set the system up to  send video to an FTP server or email.  Make certain this works.

Leave the GUI open since you'll come back here later.

Open the on computer Monitor program and go to Tools > Recording Options.  Select Record Motion Event in Scheduled Time Range Only.  I set up a scheduled range 24 hours long every day to cover everything for testing.

Go to  Tools > Settings and set the recording path to your local drive, network drive or NSA.  Set other parameters as desired.  Save these settings.
One thing I still haven't figured out is that in theDisk Space section, I select Enable Diskspace Limitation and select When allowed space is full > Overwrite earliest file the program does not save this settingor converts back to the default "Stop recording" setting whenever I close the program and reopen.

Check to make certain Motion Detectio is still working.

Go back to the camera GUI and change the FTP settings, or email settings, to something bogus.

The camera will now do motion detection and store the video on the recording path you set in the Monitor program.

ScottRH

Re: WVC80N Motion Detection Solved ... sorta

You mentioned:

"One thing I still haven't figured out is that in theDisk Space section, I select Enable Diskspace Limitation and select When allowed space is full > Overwrite earliest file the program does not save this settingor converts back to the default "Stop recording" setting whenever I close the program and reopen."

To solve this problem where the Monitor program changes the Overwrite option back to the Stop Recording option, do the following:

1.  Edit the file C:\Program Files\Cisco\Monitor.ini with notepad

2.  Scroll down to the setting Overwite=

3.  Change it to a 1 if it isn't already

4.  Save the file and exit

5.  Change the file to read-only

The Monitor Program should not change that setting any more.  Since I have done this and tried your suggestions, my monitoring program has worked pretty darn good.  I have also turned off my screen saver since I believe this causes troubles too.  I just lock the screen and turn off my monitor when I am not using the computer.

I hope this works for you,  Please let me know.  Thanks for yoyr help.

techuuu

[ Edited ]

i have the same two issues, the motion detection doesnt work and the "overwrite" option keeps changing back. niether fix listed above worked for me.

(Mod note: Edited for forums compliance. See Inbox.)

413x3

Exactly same problem here, just cannot get motion capture to work at all. It worked once, test email goes through, but now, nothing? NOthing in the utility, nothing in the email. This is ridiculous!
Ahh Nuts

Finally got this to work by also adding a motion detection schedule on the GUI.  I just used the same schedule that I had in the Monitor program on my computer and it worked lickety-split.  I get an email and the video records to my network drive.

TFMorgan

I'm having a similar problem in that motion detection does not work at all.  i have tried to modify the Overwrite= parameter in Monitor.ini.  However, I am using Windows 7, not XP.  Apparently the entire Programs subdirectory is write protected and I I cannot release it.  I am the administrator on this computer but the Programs subdirectory will not unprotect even when I apply Administrator priviledges.  How can I change this file?

Also, it would be very helpful if you folks would update your instructions for OSs after Windows XP.

Thanks

opheliaimmortal23

I think this link I found will help you with your current issue using windows 7. So far, there has been no update yet for Windows 7 in reference to the setup instructions or installation for this camera.

TFMorgan

Thanks for the link.  The problem with motion detection is fixed, sort of.  The camera does detect motion now, I don't know why, I didn't really do anything to "fix" it.  It doesn't record for very long despite the settings.  And, the video seems to repeat.  Is it possible to send the motion sense videos somewhere besides email or FTP?  Seems this triggers with light changes in the room, not necessarily when someone enters.  I may just have to turn off motion sense until I want to use it on vacation, etc.

Thanks again. . .

ScarletJamie

TFMorgan wrote:

Thanks for the link.  The problem with motion detection is fixed, sort of.  The camera does detect motion now, I don't know why, I didn't really do anything to "fix" it.  It doesn't record for very long despite the settings.  And, the video seems to repeat.  Is it possible to send the motion sense videos somewhere besides email or FTP?  Seems this triggers with light changes in the room, not necessarily when someone enters.  I may just have to turn off motion sense until I want to use it on vacation, etc.

Thanks again. . .

Perhaps, you can follow the steps below.

* Do firmware upgrade and reset and see if there are any differences.

* Check if there is samba server.

* Try 1 minute for the interval for trigger motion.

* Don’t use the wvc camera utility with windows 7.

* Set sensitivity area set values going to the left.

* Make the schedule list is not overlapping.

* Check wireless connectivity if the wireless is intermittent.