Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
swannking

WVC80N: Unable to setup wireless

I just bought this camera. Spend 3 hours trying to get it setup. I could not get pass the wireless setup. It kept saying camera not detected. It does work when it is wired to the router with the ethernet cable. The router is from verizon FiOS. My computer connects to the internet wirelessly. I have one more device that is connected to the router directly.
swannking

Re: WVC80N: Unable to setup wireless

Well, it still doesn't work. I read the other thread about router firmware upgrade. I checked my router and there was no new firmware upgrade. Checked the firmware on the camera. No luck. Is it something wrong with the wireless connection of the camera? How do I go by returning it?
brickmonkey

To Configure your Camera, the first thing which you need to do is, Hardwired your camera to your Verizon Router, power on your camera. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your Camera, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable.....

Now you need to run the setup disk on your computer... 

swannking

How come the instruction didn't mention anything about resetting the camera and so fore. :smileysad:

dmwiecz

I just purchased the WVC80N camera and am having the same problem.  Connects just fine hardwired to my Verizon FIOS router, but cannot be detected when I try it wirelessly.  I tried the suggestion above (resetting the camera and starting over), but I keep getting the same result.  Does anybody have any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance. 
Michael.1469

its proably the router i have a linksys WRT310 V2 its not having that problem
reckmeister1

I too bought this camera and had problems with sound wirelessly.Just for reference I sent back ny 5 day old camera which Linksys received March 22.Three change of incident numbers,two RMA numbers and many emails and phone calls I am still waitng for a replacement.Back order is the responce I get.So be prepared if you are thinking of return as for me this has been a nightmare, never before experienced with a company of this stature.No camera , no customer support and little technical support.This has been a lesson that will not be forgotten soon.

Thanks

slantedeye

Have anyone ever find out why this camera doesn't connect wireless to some router?  Same problem here.  I bough this WVC80N camera new and so far haven't been able to configure it to use wireless with my Airlink AR670W N router..  I have four other G cameras from Linksys and other vendors and can configure them to use wireless without any problem.  Can't test this one with another N router to find out more since this is the only N router I have.  I know that if I connect this camera to any existing G access points that I have on my network, it works fine.  Seem like returning it also is a problem too.

Solitaire221

Tried this step and it does not reset the camera to factory settings.  It still asks for the username and password that I created when trying to access setup.  I have no problems accessing wirelessly. I forgot my login credentials and am trying to restore the user & pass to "admin".  Any explanation as to why the camera will not restore.   

canturkisci

I had the exact same problem, and finally got to the bottom of it. All the FW upgrade bla bla, is useless.

The crux of the issue is the way cisco tries to set up my wireless access.

I have WEP set up as open system, but the WVC80N defaults to shared key.

here is my workaround:

follow the set up from scratch. If you want to set up DDNS with TZO, DO NOT disconnect the eth cable, and continue through the wireless set up. The setup will detect the camera and assume it is on wireless while you are on wire still, this will let you go through wireless and continue and finish up with TZO setup.

Then, after you get things working wired, go to the configured private IP for camera: 192.168.0.245 in my case. Then, from the web gui, go to wireless security settings, and manually configure your wireless, ie., WEP key, open system, etc. matching your router settings.

Unplug eth, reboot, and hopefully it will be good to go.

This was not really "it just works" for me, I guess since i have a non-linksys router, but i am glad it was doable at the end!