jblackbu

WVC80N and DynDNS

Just got two of the WVC80N's, and I'm trying to set up the DDNS service (using the free DynDNS).  I have it set up on a couple of of my older WVC54 cameras, as well as my WVC210....but when I go through the settings TZO is automatically set as the DDNS service, and it doesn't give you the option to select a different one.  Do I need to possibly upgrade the firmware or is there something I'm missing?

Carrot

Re: WVC80N and DynDNS

You can only use TZO DDNS service provider with this wireless camera. I think TZO also has 90 days free trial.

craighope70@gmail.com

As I understand it, TZO is simply another offering of dynamic DNS.

Setup your DDNS to point to your external IP address on you ISP router then setup IP forwarding of port 80 to the internal IP of your camera.

mmmotornutz

You are not missing anything.  The installation CD does not give the option to use any other DNS provider.  You will have to do it manually with DYNDNS. 

Supra

So were you able to get this going with DynDNS ?

E3000
WRT-54G
WVC-80N
caimito60

I am working on the same thing.  Getting there.  I found a great video on Youtube about using DynDNS.  See link below

http://youtu.be/6qPaxa1jj9M

bob3infl

Does anyone know of similar instructions for a Netgear router?

canturkisci

just go to your router admin page, search for the DDNS tab, and in there you can see if dyndns is available, which I suspect it would be for almost all routers. The setup is pretty trivial. Go and register for dyndns.org, and then come back and fill the credentials and hostname info in the router. You also need to enable the port you set up for the camera.

SteveZissou

So how do I set up the DYNDNS manually?  I am really frustrated....the camera only allows TZO and my router from my ISP only allows four Dynamic DNS providers but DOES NOT include TZO......I can't change the ISP router so I have to get the camera to accept another Dynamic DNS that isn't TZO....Please help.

SteveZissou

Does anyone answer these posts?