edwardgleason

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher

I've accessed my cams over the web for years. All of a sudden on one of my laptops (XP Pro IE 8) will not display the image and Windows will not allow the ActiveX component NetCamPlayerWeb11gv2.cab to install: Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.  I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.
da88

Re: Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher

I ran into the same thing on the inital install.  Fixed by going to IE tools, internet options, secutity, customn level.  Once there find your Active X options and enable Downloand for both the signed and unsigned options.  Go back and retry to load the Active X you need.  After you get it reset your Active X controlls to the old settings, to restore security to your computer.  That worked for me
edwardgleason

Thanks.  I did try that as well as disabling most other security options and it still gets blocked.  It did work on this computer for a couple years up to a couple of days ago???
oregonbob

Try adding the URL of your camera to IE Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites. This worked for me.

Linksys is not certifying or signing its software to run on Windows. 

lotust

http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Cameras&thread.id=9986

----------------------------------------------------------
please fix the E4200 media server in .02 firmware
castor

Open Internet Explorer...click on Tools and then click on internet option.Now click on the Tab "Security" ...

Under Security Tab Click "Custom Level" below.Under Zone choose "Internet" and then enable all the options under "ActiveX control and Plug-ins".Do the same settings for "Local and Internet" Zone....Now try to install Activex

You can also try by different browser...

ka3vec

Has there been a solution to this issue as I am having the same problem?
cassineriolalo@hotmail.com

edwardgleason wrote:
I've accessed my cams over the web for years. All of a sudden on one of my laptops (XP Pro IE 8) will not display the image and Windows will not allow the ActiveX component NetCamPlayerWeb11gv2.cab to install: Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.  I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.

cassineriolalo@hotmail.com