Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ihavearouter

nightvision capability with WVC210?

Right now the WVC210 is terrible in little to no lighting conditions. Is there a way to make it night vision capable,

Has anyone tried IR LEDs and do they work? Also what settings are required and where do you purchase IR LEDs? Presumably with an IR motion detection also as a switch for the LEDs.

Cheers

brickmonkey

Re: nightvision capability with WVC210?

Not sure of the IR LED's, however if you have an external light source (ie. porch lights) then you should be fine, or you can try to adjust the Image Settings accordingly...
Icebreaker

IR LEDs will not work wit the WVC210 as it will not see any light in the infrared spectrum (in the 850nm range or higher). Your best bet would be to use brighter lighting or go with white light LEDs that can be triggered through a PIR sensor.
ihavearouter

but i tried flashing my remote at the camera and i can see the blinking ir leds, whereas my eyes cant see it

is it some kinda ir filter on the lens? is there a way to change the lens? i read it affects color but i dont really mind about color issues.

Icebreaker

[ Edited ]
Yes but you have to take the lens apart, it is very complicated.
Message Edited by Icebreaker on 07-12-2009 06:01 PM
PRDR

I am very interested on this too. It seems to be a great camera, except for the lack of night vision capabilities.

Do you know if there is some kind of tutorial where we could learn to do whatever is necessary to the lenses to get it to see in the dark? Or if some additional equipment might help (regular light would't be an option, because the idea would be having it to see in the dark).

Aleestma

The WVC200 definitely has night vision.  I use an IR lamp to watch my 1 year old sleep in complete darkness.  Works great.  I'm sure the WVC210 has this capability too.

Aaron

PRDR

I have tried with the 210 and an IR lamp and I can't see anything. I guess I shoud have bought the 200...
Icebreaker

You could potentially swap the WVC200 lens with the WVC200.....
PRDR

Good idea!... I wonder if they sell the lenses separately, and if it is not too hard replacing them. Anyone knows?