Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DOHcisco2010

"Connect Using Push Button" - What? WVC80N setup question

Recently purchased a WVC80N camera, and getting it connected to my Belkin N Router is a nightmare.

At one point the setup program tells me to "connect using push button", and directs me to push a button that is nowhere to be found on the router.  Setup finds the camera just find, but here the process comes to a grinding halt.  First, what is this (apparently) universal button I'm supposed to have?  Is there some other way to do this?  I'm using a Belkin N Wireless Router, the four connection model.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

quack

Re: "Connect Using Push Button" - What? WVC80N setup question

Connect your Camera to the router..On the router setup page,under the DHCP Client table,check the ip address of the Camera.Type that ip address on the address bar of the browser to open the GUI of the Camera and configure the wireless settings..Make sure that all the wireless settings of the Camera and router should be same.

DOHcisco2010

Thanks for the help.  I'll try that and see if I can get it to work.
DOHcisco2010

[ Edited ]

When I try to change the IP address of the camera to the same as my router it says that the IP I enter is already in use.  Not sure what to do next.  The camera is working fine in the browser window.

Still looking for help making this work wireless.  Thanks. 

Message Edited by DOHcisco2010 on 01-30-2010 12:48 PM
chairstacker

With 'the same setting' quack meant the SSID, Security Settings, etc. not the IP address.

You need to know how your wireless network is protected, i.e. WEP, WPA, WPA2 and the key that goes with it. 

At one point in time you must have entered these settings for every device you are using over your WLAN.