kaerock

which browsers actually do work with wvc200?

IE 6.0/7.0 and Firefox 1.5/2.0 on XP do not display video from the wvc200.  What exactly do I need to get this working?

IE has low-security for the local-zone.

Installing IE 5.5 is not an option.

Re: which browsers actually do work with wvc200?

IE 6.0 and 7.0 should work. Are you sure you installed the ocx?
kaerock

I installed the monitoring utility, but not an osx specifically. Is there some other utility that I missed installing?

kaerock,
You must have missed the ActiveX install because Internet Explorer 6 & 7 are the only browsers that work with the WVC200. Try closing out IE and then reopen it. Use the link to your web cam. After you click on the View window, there should be a line on the top of the IE window indicating an ActiveX component needs to be installed. Install it. Once complete, you will see your video.
For whatever ridiculous reason, linksys decided that the wvc200 was only going to be viewed through IE. Who knows why. That means ONLY Internet Explorer can be used to view the WVC200.

Phil
TomBascom

You have to enable ActiveX controls. If you're running a safe and secure browser ActiveX is anathema and you won't be willing to do that.
Darren S

Actually, Mozilla Firefox will work but you need to install the "IETab" add-on and then render the page as IE (left-click the Firefox logo in the bottom-right to render the page as IE and then install ActiveX). Also, you can view snapshots but not video from a smartphone with IE capabilities (I did not try Minimo from my Palm Treo) by browsing directly to the camera's IP though you need to add the page for mobile phones ("/mobile.htm" I believe).
Icebreaker

To add to Darren's point, if you have firmware 1.1 you can switch to MJPEG and view directly with Firefox with limited controls without installing anything.........
Sud
Sud

Hi! I have a Sony Eric P1i PDA with Symbian OS. My Wi-fi WVC200 does not work on this OS. The Page opens but the Image does not. Please help!