Vladoslav
Accepted Solution

Cisco Connect Express app

for iPad / iPhone is available only for US customers, not for rest of the world. Reason??? Ideas??? Hints???
wesley69

Re: Cisco Connect Express app

I feel that the CISCO Connect Express should be available to all those who own a compatible CISCO device or router, regardless of origin of country.  BUT I guess intellectual property rights means controllability.

Vladoslav

Hi Wes,
the app its already available for all.
wesley69

Thanks for the reply. As with the original post above, the Cisco app is only available to those registered in USA with iTunes. Now, those who have registered outside the USA cannot download the Connect Express app from iTunes. Is there a work around to get the app, or is it an iTunes issue?
gr8mtl

Apple Store in Canada needs to have the request from Cisco too.

Having the same issue and since the router is sold to Canadians....we expect the App to come north too !  ;-))   thanks

wesley69

It is my hope that Cisco with Apple will make the Connect Express app available to everyone not only who live in the USA, but all countries.  I have repeatedly asked Apple for to make the App available to the iTunes Canada store.  No success, no replies from Apple.  Cisco, will you make the App available to the Canadian market?

Vladoslav

Hi Wes,
I simply requested the app from Apple. Next day was available.
Now I dont know if it was generaly available or just for me?!
wesley69

Thanks for the update. I will have to re-request again as it seems it is not available on the Canadian iTunes Store
wesley69

After several requests from Cisco USA and Canada, I guess its not worth the download.  Shame on Cisco for not giving the iPhone/iPod app to Canadian's.  I really enjoy the hardware......

ErinPereira

I'm very disappointed that I was able to buy this product IN CANADA - when the package clearly is labeled - App Enabled
But NO WHERE on the box ( I've read it through three times now) does it mention the App may not be available in Canada.
That's really frustrating and very bad advertising and merchandising - I wanted to easily manage my network and thought this was the solution. Now I want to return it.