mwhender
Accepted Solution

Cisco Connect Will Not Install

I reset my router and then went back to install the software on my computer, but now it will not install the Cisco Connect.  It goes through the installation process and say "Congrats you are connected to the internet".  But the window to setup my router, change the network name, password, etc never comes up.  The Cisco Connect program does not appear on my computer.  I have internet, but have no way to configure my router.  I've reset and reinstalled using the CD that came with the router and still no luck.  I don't know why its not installing it completely.

peanuts

Re: Cisco Connect Will Not Install

[ Edited ]

Try to install the Cisco Connect software on a different computer and then check. If still you are facing the same issue then try to configure the router manually.

Note:-  Guest account  will not work , if you will configure the router manually.

loserkidsblink

I'm having the exact same problem.  The installation finds my router, assigns it a random name, connects me to the internet and turns off.

I have a "Cisco Connect" option in my start menu, but the icon is invalid and it doesn't link anywhere.  I've tried this about 5 different times, running it as an administrator, running in compatibility mode, safe mode, everything.  Even linksys live chat wasn't able to help.  I'm completely stumped.  Why doesn't the installer finish?  

bfghornet

loserkidsblink wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem.  The installation finds my router, assigns it a random name, connects me to the internet and turns off.

I have a "Cisco Connect" option in my start menu, but the icon is invalid and it doesn't link anywhere.  I've tried this about 5 different times, running it as an administrator, running in compatibility mode, safe mode, everything.  Even linksys live chat wasn't able to help.  I'm completely stumped.  Why doesn't the installer finish?  

I have the same issue. Invalid icon even though it was installed.  =\  .   Therefore no Cisco Connect for me either.  =[

Nadool

I just purchased an E3000 a few hours ago and I am having the same issues.  After initial setup, the bar goes to 100% and the program closes not opening the Cisco Connect software where you can configure the router.  I can use the internet on these wired PCs, and I can even connect via wifi to the random named guest accounts it creates, but I can not access the router settings as the password is not the default.

Very frustrating.  I am going to try installing the software on another PC and see if it works there. 

gbelect

1. Have you received any answer about this problem?

ywycnu

I am so released that I am never the only one that comes across this problem.

I can't  install the Cisco Connect into the sart menu either,which is supposed to monopolized every deadly function that's necessary.

Phooey.Now I am also making do the random allocated "  Happy crap-guest" wireless network,worrying my neighbors would sneak in it.

grayzweb

Same Problem Here.  Soooooo frustrated right now.   Says I'm connected, but doesn't install the software to manage network..  

Stook

Very same problem.  It was running fine until Windows Update attempted to install a driver for the Internet Access Server.  When it failed, the Cisco Connect startup icons were no longer functional and the Cisco Connect executable had disappeared...  I tried a system restore from prior to the attempted "update" to no avail.  Then, I attempted to uninstall Cisco Connect (and received messages that it may have already been uninstalled).  I reset my E3000 and was rewarded only with Internet access (which I had anyway), but no Cisco Connect software...  As a result, my User Name and Password was changed.  This should not have happened because I never changed it from the original.  Also, I had read in Cisco doco that I could plug in my updated Easy Setup Key and maintain the previous User Name and Password in any event, but no luck there either.  So, by following all the directions, all my wireless authentications are now ineffective and I can no longer log in to the router through browser access.  This is a joy...

MarvinJosef

[ Edited ]

Yes I have the excact same problem guys Cisco Connect just disappeared from my system and I can't reinstall it.

and i have a Linksys E1000