DennisRomer

Re: Cisco Connect Will Not Install

Have any of you find a solution yet? I'm having the exact same problem. SO frustrating!:smileysad:

MarvinJosef

Surely someone will come out with a solution... i hope..

grayzweb

[ Edited ]

I have finally got Cisco Connect to reinstall. 

I had to go into computer > drive C> Programs > delete Cisco folder.

Then delete Cisco from registry.  Start > type in regedit to open registry.  Then go to HKey Local Machine >  Software and delete Cisco entry from there.

Then I unplugged modem and router, and restarted PC  > plug everything back in.  Wait for power button to stop flashing

Then press and hold reset button in back of router, ( held for 60 seconds, then unplugged and plugged in again)

Ran Cisco connect again and it worked ! - Now I have my guest feature back!!!    :smileyhappy:

I also upgraded the firmware to .03 before I did the above, but I think my problem was that when I uninstalled Cisco, it left behind the folders, and that is why I couldn't get it to reinstall.

Hope this helps somebody else too.

MarvinJosef

Huuzzzzaaah!

MarvinJosef

Awe i to do the above but it would just change the name of the router.

MarvinJosef

now it worked!

dancelestino

Find the folder named "cisco connect" within your programs folder > double click cisco connect.exe.

Jerseyman

Score one for Carbonite online Back up!!

I had the exact same problem,cisco connect.exe got a mind of it's own and decided to leave after a Windows update.I was left with no way to access my E1000's settings.Deleting from start/programs and attempting to reinstall gave me the diabolical message,the router was already set up.

I was about to type regedit and delete cisco references to try another reinstall when I thought I'd check my Carbonite back up and see if it was worth what I've been paying.I wasn't exactly thrilled at the prospect of reconfiguring 3 computers,a wireless printer and two Kindles all over again.

Found the Cisco folder in the back up,right clicked it and selected restore,everything was as before within 5min.Would have saved me a lot of cursing if I tried the Carbonite first but it runs so seamlessly I forgot it was there.Totally worth having.

pasquale cipollone gallo matese

Can you help!

austin.ensminger

For 64-bit windows, delete the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cisco Systems\

Then reinstall from the Easy Setup Key USB stick.