Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ldman15

Re: Cisco Connect Will Not Install

I am having a problem with it not even connecting to my router. It will try to save but it will get to 25 percent and then say cannot find router.

ganeal57

This is why I am on the board looking for resolutions

just got the E1000 sent to me when I updated to ATT Uverse from ATT DSL. The ATT modem install went well. When I attempted to set up the E1000 version 2.1 (on Windows 7 home premium) router with the software CD that came with it. After 5 attempts I stopped. The install woould progress to 25% I would lose my network connection and that would be that. After resetting and 4 more attempts to install the router via the software provided I gave up. by passed the router, finally got Cisco live chat.

Chat blasted out the manual set up. They did not have an answer as to why or what when I expressed concerns that a warning screen came up and stated that some security features would not be installed if I chose to do the manual set up of the router.

They seemed not to give a hoot about me as a customer.

Once I did the manual setup, everything seems to work fine,BUT I do not have access to the connect software. I did complain to ATT for chosing another companies devices to send out to an ATT customer that seems to be faulty or does not work as it should. SO far Cisco could care less.

ldman15

I finally got the software to work. I found out the password to the router and i let the setup go to 25% where it asks you for the network name and password, put that information in and it connected. I now have access to the cisco connect software. I hope this helps. If you need any further help just respond to this post and I will do my best to help.

jmbessire

I just updated my E1550 and now it is so laggy! the download speed is so up and down and now my ipod wont work.  What can I do to take out the update or correct the problem??!!  Someone please help because it took me 15 mins to even register because of the constant up and down of my connection.  Also, its not an internet problem because when i bypass the router my speed is blazing, its the router.

frankp323

ur awsome thx soo much  for the info finnally  got the cisco connect installed!!! :smileyvery-happy:

bbflute

how did you find out the router password?  I'm having the same problem.

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Please refer to the link below:

Checking the Wireless Settings on a Linksys Router

beaurega

Here's how I got into trouble on my E2000 router.  I set it up to not broadcast my SSID AND set the network mode to disabled (no radio broadcast at all).  The three arc lines 'icon' on the LEDs on the router front panel were not lit (third from the right).  I had no cisco connect..  I could not re-install CC.  Like you it stopped the install at 25 second and essentially hung.

Here' s what I did.  Go here and follow the directions especially the ipconfig/all instructions in cmd (C:smileyembarrassed: prompt) mode.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=3997

The default gateway address was 192.168.0.1 .  I put that in my firefox browser and got access to pages like cisco connect does.  192.168.1.1 showed my ISP DSL service provider and that;s the wrong address.  USE 192.168. ZERO dot ONE.

I went to the 'Wireless' setup tab and then to 'Basic Wireless Setup'.  I pulled down the network mode menu showing 'disabled' and reset it to 'mixed'.  I used mixed mode, manual, saw my original router name was fine, and left SSID broadcast set to off.  I saved the settings,  The broadcast LEDs arc lines lit up on the router.

I ran my Cisco connect icon and it ran just fine without any re-install of CC.

That black background srceen on the link showing the default gateway is KEY.  Then just run your browser at 192.168.0.1 or whatever the default gateway numer sequence is.

HTH,

beaurega.

bettycaldwell

I have forget my password

beaurega

Run Cisco Connect. 

Click on the Router Settings Icon on the right side. 

Don't click on Personalize or change on the left.

Click on ADVANCED SETTINGS. 

The 'Advanced' page will display your password under your user name ID.

Copy it down and to the clipboard if you want.

Beaurega