Re: Cisco Connect Will Not Install

connected all the wires and followed the installation will not connect please help

PLEASE HELP REAL HELP, I CAN NOT GET THE CD TO RUN, AND I DON'T KNOW MY PIN #, NO PIN # On the ROUTER. meme@casair.net

I've been experiencing the same. Contacted Chat 3 times. They just say to reset the router. Been there done that.

I've got the main computer to get on the internet. None of the instructions given to me by the Chat folk worked. I just used my own logic. The problem now is to get the laptop on the internet. It can read the network and the wireless bars are green but it still can't connect. Just wish I could get some proper instructions for that last step.

Amazing how there is this fancy website and a whole host of support facilities but none of us in this forum can get the instructions we need.

Couldn't even register for this forum as a Canadian. Although the dropdown country menu lists many countries, you still have to live in one of the US states and use a US zipcode to register.

I will never buy a Cisco product again.

My email will not work, not sure if I'm connect, tired of trying to get this connected meme@casair.net

so  tired of this cisco problem meme@casair.net

Just got finished with the online tech support and after about 45 minutes of failed support yesterday, today was a success.

Set-up:

E4200 wired to Dell CPU, XP, SP3

intel pro 10/100 ve integrated network adapter

Initial Problem:

I could directly connect the modem to the CPU and connect to internet, but once I added the router all bets were off (Cisco Connect would not register network - always froze at 25%, if it even made it that far)

Fix:

1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on the "Run" option.
3. When the "Run" window opens, type "ncpa.cpl" into the "Open" field and click on the OK button.
4. In the "Network Connections" window, right click on the "Local Area Connection" icon, and then click on the "Properties" button.
5. When the "Local Area Connection Properties" window appears, please click on the "Configure" button.
6. Click on the 'Advanced' tab, and you should see two boxes - "Property" and "Value".
7. Highlight the property "Speed and duplex" change the value to 10 mbps half.And click on OK

Then connect the router and run Cicso Connect CD - mine loaded (and successfully installed) in less than 3 minutes.

Hope this helps someone.

Have just purchased my router which came with Cisco disk which will not install.

I thought the disk was for us computor dummies!!! ............................Obviously not.

Should have paid some one in the first place.

It installed fine one one computer, and using the key it installed again, but cannot install with the CD on the second.  Hard to find and does not always work.  UGH

Makes sense, will try.