06-30-2011 02:11 PM
I've been experiencing the same. Contacted Chat 3 times. They just say to reset the router. Been there done that.
I've got the main computer to get on the internet. None of the instructions given to me by the Chat folk worked. I just used my own logic. The problem now is to get the laptop on the internet. It can read the network and the wireless bars are green but it still can't connect. Just wish I could get some proper instructions for that last step.
Amazing how there is this fancy website and a whole host of support facilities but none of us in this forum can get the instructions we need.
Couldn't even register for this forum as a Canadian. Although the dropdown country menu lists many countries, you still have to live in one of the US states and use a US zipcode to register.
I will never buy a Cisco product again.
07-05-2011 06:44 PM
Just got finished with the online tech support and after about 45 minutes of failed support yesterday, today was a success.
E4200 wired to Dell CPU, XP, SP3
intel pro 10/100 ve integrated network adapter
I could directly connect the modem to the CPU and connect to internet, but once I added the router all bets were off (Cisco Connect would not register network - always froze at 25%, if it even made it that far)
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on the "Run" option.
3. When the "Run" window opens, type "ncpa.cpl" into the "Open" field and click on the OK button.
4. In the "Network Connections" window, right click on the "Local Area Connection" icon, and then click on the "Properties" button.
5. When the "Local Area Connection Properties" window appears, please click on the "Configure" button.
6. Click on the 'Advanced' tab, and you should see two boxes - "Property" and "Value".
7. Highlight the property "Speed and duplex" change the value to 10 mbps half.And click on OK
Then connect the router and run Cicso Connect CD - mine loaded (and successfully installed) in less than 3 minutes.
Hope this helps someone.
07-08-2011 03:49 AM
Have just purchased my router which came with Cisco disk which will not install.
I thought the disk was for us computor dummies!!! ............................Obviously not.
Should have paid some one in the first place.