Re: Cisco Connect Will Not Install

It's confirmed.

My CIsco Connect stopped working again after my last posting of a fix.

I typed in 192.168.0.1 into my browser.

I went to the wireless tab.

I reactivated the radio broadcast by swithcing from Disabled to Mixed.

I saved the settings.

I closed the browser.

I opened Cisco Connect and it ran like nothing ever happened.

I went back to wireless and switched back to Disabled.

The front panel LED went out.

I saved the settings.

I closed Cisco Connect.

Shut down the copmputer and restarted.

Cisco Connect ran and the radio broadcast LED on the E2000 was off.

ICisco Connect has been working for a week now.

It's got to be bad software.  I never changed any other setiigs at all.

Beaurega

I'm trying to install this router so my sister can have internet on her computer. Our main computer is in the living room, and her computer is in her room. First of all, do I hook up the router to my main computer with the modem? And second, I've plugged the blue cord in the internet plug in on the back of the router and the other half of the cord into the modem. And I plugged the other cord into the back of the modem and the other in the outlet in the wall. But it still will not work. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I think you are hooked up right but here's my wiring.  Connect the telephone cable between the DSL modem and the wall telephone jack (female jack).  Make suer that plug has a DSL filter installed before it on the outside of the house, in the basement phone wiring, or a filter at the wall plate telephone jack.  The first Ethernet cable (blue) runs from the modem to the router main internet jack, mine's yellow labeled internet.  Now you have two choices.  You can run a second faster speed capable Ethernet cable from one of the ports (outputs) on the router to one computer,  Repeat this cabling until all computers are connected to the router, i.e. hardwired.  OR you can connect wirelessly without a second Ethernet cable but each computer hooked up wirelessly has to have a Wi-Fi card and jack in it.  You should create an Easy Setup Key using a USB flash drive and Cisco Connect software or your install CDR.  You need to transfer that USB easy setup data to each wireless and wired computer to make the complete connect BUT they still have to have a WiFi card for wireless connections.  I use a Ethernet cable without using my Wi-Fi crd that is still installed but not used.

You can go into the  control panel in Win7, for example, and look at the "open network and sharing chart" using the network icon inthe control panel, I think it is.  I use the icon in the system tray on the bottom right instead.  Do you see anything connected to your computer?  If not, it doesn't have the proper software installed or an Ethernet hardwired cabling or WiFi card.  You should see your computer connected to the name you selected for your network and then connected to the internet.  A second computer will show up in parallel with your computer.  If you see your computer and the router name but an X on the connecting line, you are not connected properly.  Either the wiring is not right or the software.

Make sure you have Cisco Connect software installed and working.  You can type 168.192.1.1 in your browser and see if it detects your router basic setup.

beaurega

My Cisco is not working,then i was changing it to the new wireless, i set up it to the computer but after 75% wireless stop to connect. I did it to another computer but it's hapenning the same,. it is not even connecting after 75%. Is it real the cisco is not connecting to the window 7? Can you help me with it.

My Cisco is not working,then i was changing it to the new wireless, i set up it to the computer but after 75% wireless stop to connect. I did it to another computer but it's hapenning the same,. it is not even connecting after 75%. Is it real the cisco is not connecting to the window 7? Can you help me with it?

I had the same issue. On the support site I found how to set up the E1500 without using the Setup/Cisco Connect application. While reading that, I found out that the E1500 and your DSL modem/router might share the same IP address and this causes the conflicts which shuts down the setup process before it completes.  The link below:

http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=3687

will help you sidestep this issue.  It worked like a charm.

Hello 

I need help urgently please can anybody help me?

my linksys e900 i want to install the linksys router setup but it will go the installation till 90% an no more the error is this that Your router was not successfully set up and the i see the error code is 82BD0117.

please i need help...

help me..

thanks  Smiley Indifferent

I just saw the date on the first post... 2010. This problem has been around for three YEARS!

I contacted Cisco and was told "We do not know of any problems with this software or your router" and "You must not nave the drivers for the router installed correctly". What the... (so do your "techs" routinely LIE to people just to get them off of the line?)

1. YES, you DO have a problem with your software. (and you have for years, this wasn't the first time this happened)

2. YES, I DO have the drivers installed.

So, I have the same problem, Connect software doesn't install/load properly on my computer. Oh, the hardware works. I can connect to the internet. I can connect both towers, the PS3, XBOX360E, and my laptop. It's just the software that is **bleep**. The first time it installed just fine and worked like it should (on my old HD). But when I got a new HD for my gaming rig and installed the OS, I wanted to install Cisco Connect because I actually liked/used it. But when I tried, it went through all of the screens, like normal, but when I clicked on close... its gone. No icons, no installed program. Whenever I wanted to use the software I had to go to the website and download the software again, then I got to use it that one time. (My only "workaround" was to pin the program to the taskbar while it was open so I don't have to go to the Cisco site anymore. But when I click on the icon on the taskbar, I still have to go through all of the steps to "install" the software again... Just so I can use it once.) Needless to say, I started with a new HD and a fresh install of the OS, so the problem is not on my end. (Is this some kind of DRM **bleep** that they failed to implement correctly? Do they only let you install the software once? That is the only thing that I could come up with since I have had this problem.)

I had the EXACT same problem with the old series (BEFCMU10 Modem, RT31P2 Router, WAP54G Wireless G Access Point). I could set them up just fine. They worked great for years (I only had to replace them because of the service provider updates and my hardware wasn't compatible with their new system.) First time GREAT, second time, **bleep**. The hardware worked no problem, software failed miserably.

And now, it's happened again with the E4200. First time GREAT, second time, **bleep**.

So, what's Cisco's new excuse? I can tell you one thing... I will NEVER buy Linksys/Cisco junk again.

NeonRTDreams,

Pinning suggests that your Control Panel shows the program and it is not 'gone'.  CC should be located at Program Files x86/Cisco Systems/CiscoConnect/Cisco Connect.exe.

Right click on Cisco Connect.exe in that last folder and select properties.  Click on the security tab.  Look at the system, administrators, and all users permissions.  Make sure you have ALLOWED - FULL CONTROL permissions under those listings and the user names you run your computer under.  Everything should be checked but special permissions and all should be shown with  grayed out check marks under allow.

You can try my post fix in #61 above your post to see if you have any of those problems.  I don't think so.  I still get errors when I turn off broadcasting as I stated before and confirmed the fix or work around in posting 61.

Here's my thinking.  If you sign on as a different user, the desktop icon might not show up and yours does not.  So that makes me postulate that you don't have the correct user permissions as this user; no offense.  Maybe you sign on as gamer that does not have FULL administrator permissions.

Try this.  Type 192.168.0.1 in your browser, hit return or enter, and that should always give you access to Cisco Connect as long as it is still in the folder I stated above or an equivalent folder and you have the proper permissions.  You MUST have your CISCO administrator name and password ready to do this.  The Cisco default name might still be admin.  If 192.168.0.1 runs without a reinstall, then there has to be something wrong in the setup(s), IMHO.  You could try to reset everything to factory default but I am not sure you can do that.  I don't have your router.

You can also hold the rest button on the back of the router and follow the user manual instructions, but that will change your router name, setup key, etc.  I would try this reset to original factory defaults as a last resort.

This is all just my guesses based on the 'disappearing icon' and required reinstall but all this is something to try.  

HTH,

beaurega

Actually, it didn't show up in the Control Panel programs list (or in add/remove, etc.). Any time that I have tried to access the software I have to re-install to use. I tried 192.168.0.1 as you suggested and got nothing (Google gave me the OOPS! screen, Explorer gave me the search screen "did you mean..." with search results).

I am the only user account, so that hasn't been an issue.

But, I did try what you showed about broadcasting when I got in through CC and I also got errors when I turned off broadcasting.

So what I did was unhooked everything, performed a search to find all instances of the software and wrote them down (including hkey, etc.). I also deleted all of the Cisco/Linksys installs (at that point I found that every time I "used" the software it was logged as a "partial download"?). I reset the E4200 (via the reset button on the back of the unit itself). Hooked everything back up (made sure that everything was reset back to factory defaults). *I also removed all instances of CC from the other tower and the laptop. I don't know if that made a difference or not, it's just what I did to make sure it was all gone from everywhere.

Then I started over. But I had never gone this far in making sure that it was completely gone before and I hadn't got rid of everything out of the laptop and other tower before. I got the E4200 set up and working on my tower first, downloaded the CC... and it worked. The icon showed up in the Control Panel (I could also make a desktop icon if I wanted). Then I set up the second tower, then the laptop, then last but not least, the gaming consoles. Luckily, I had saved all of my passwords, printed off screenshots, ect. so I had everything that I needed at hand.

I realize this was a drastic measure, but I guess it was needed for some reason. I do apologize to anybody that was offended about the tone of my last post, I was fairly upset with this and with the tech. Turns out I fixed it myself the hard way. Which, in hindsight, is what I should have done all along. I was just hoping for an easier fix than that.

Thanks beaurega, I saved some of the info/links you provided.

- NeonRTDreams