Re: Cisco Connect Will Not Install

[ Edited ]

you guys are going through all that crap for nothing. unplug the power chord from the router, then plug i back in, then hold the reset button for 30 seconds. then wait for the blue screen that asks for the disc. put the disc in and let it put everything back in. when it's finished, everything is back to normal. and i guarantee if you do it right, it works. very simple. going to the registry is not necessary at all. total waste of time.

Cisco Connect Will Not Install

This worked great for me. Thanks! Glad I did not have to do all the other stuff everyone was told to do. Cisco does need to simplify things for it's customers though. Technology should not be so complicated nowadays. 

Tried everything here, nothing is working.  I get to 25% installed and then the software tells me:  "Cannot find your modem".  It asks for username password.  Whether I enter it or not, I get nowhere.  Help!

Update:  I uninstalled the software with the intention of re-installing.  Could not re-install without configuring the router again, but software will not recognize the router.  Tried everthing in this forum.  Also did  a system restore back to a point when the software was installed.  Now it won't recognize the password, eventhough we are entering the correct one. 

I'm running Windoze XP SP3 on a T60 ThinkPad.

ThinkVantage Access Connections is controlling the Intel PRO /Wireless Network Connection.

Cisco Router sw fails - Error - Microsoft XP - MY - 867BA6A1C5

"Depending on the wireless software funning on the device, the Wireless Network Setup Wizard might not work."

What an understatement.

So - Cisco install fails due to Windoze not being in control of the Wireless Access - with -NO- workaround.

c'mon Cisco - get with the program -and- get me online.

Steve.

If you have setup your router with advanced settings then go to the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Settings

Edit the settings.xml file so that every setting matches your router or password. You can find everything in clear text. Make sure that the serial number matches the one of your router.

Afterwards start cisco connect and you should be able to access your routerSmiley Wink

I tried the the shorter method as suggested by someone, didn't work.  Tried your method.  WORKED!  Finally!  Thanks for the help!

[ Edited ]

This is the third Cisco router I've purchased at around $100 each. Everyone in the past died without warning right after the warranty expired. So I went out and bought another one today. I plugged it in and it worked for about 10 minutes and died.

I can't get on line as this is the only web page I can pull up. The instructions are for the birds, running me in circles time after time.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)