Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ferarri4444

Re: Cisco Connect not installing on OSX Lion

registering a new wireless device needs to be done on that new wireless device only.... once you setup your password for your router, you can manually set up any wireless device "from those devices only" as long as you input that password to those devices.  That simple

Ferarri4444

one, because they are stupid, but two, because they are stupid... Just go to the WEblog access page.  It's exactly the same thing... Enter only into the password part, which you'll just enter "admin" and your access settings will be right there, just like with the software.  This is the page from Cisco that everyone should be using.  The only reason they have Cisco Connect is to advertise Bloatware, and new features within the Cisco atmosphere.  Other than that, it's a bunch of **bleep**... So use this site:  

DanielCoffey

But the Cisco Connect gave you the ability to auto-detect compatible devices when setting them up through Wi-Fi Protected Setup as well as view how many devices were on your network - very useful for seeing leechers. WiFi Protected Setup is great when using 64-character passwords.

Ferarri4444

this is true actually.  I have a printer with a screen on it that allows me to access my bluetooth settings from my computer and through my router, therefor I don't need to manually access anything but those of you who need to, all you have to do is look up the I.P. address of your printer or however it's done... if your printer indeed supports bluetooth or wifi enabled printing features.  Mine does both... thank God.... So has this worked out for you guys???? When I spoke to the representative. she seemed shocked that nobody has been given this information since Lion came out.  i was so furious that I went to this site right away and that is why I am taking the time to put the word out.  I don't want anyone to be left out of this information.... 

I hope I helped out... 

:smileyhappy: 

DanielCoffey

You don't need to keep posting the same message pointing folks to 192.168.1.1 over and over - we have got the information.

Ferarri4444

and you don't have to be a constant net nanny.  Do you own this website?  Likely not.  Are you one of those weirdos that watches every single post on these types of things?  Likely.  Well I'm not.  I am just here to get out the info.  As for you, I think you need help.  Let me be the first to tell you, i'll say what I need to say, and you can sit and watch.  Thanks for your input, but you have done nothing to contribute.  But you did ask several questions, now didn't you.  

DanielCoffey

[ Edited ]

Ooh, sensitive! I know you were helping, and thank you, but presenting the information once would have been enough.

bampa

I completely agree - how long is it going to take Cisco to get the Connect up and running?  I use the parental features to be able to set timelimits on my teens for their wireless devices and you can't do that through the weblog.  I can blog their entire MAC address but that is not what I want to do.

I am starting to research a different router - but even the best of the best of Cisco it too isn't compatable with Cisco Connect.  Come on Cisco get off your A$$ and fix the cisco connect for the Valet and Valet Plus devices!

georgee01

I installed my E4200 a few months back with Cisco Connect 1.3.x under OS X 10.6. It's generally a good router. It had been easy to maintain as well.

After upgrading to OS X 10.7, Cisco Connect 1.3 wouldn't launch due to the unsupported OS. It directs you to apple.com to upgrade your OS! Then it quits.

Since Cisco Connect won't launch, it can't upgrade itself, or the router for that matter. So I went to the Cisco site. I downloaded the latest Mac version of Cisco Connect 1.4 (released 9/23/2011) from the downloads section of support site for my router. The Mac app was now called Setup. I expected it to do an upgrade, and retain the configuration from the previous Cisco Connect version.

Nope. It launched and tried to setup the router from as if it were new out of the box. No other options provided. This process failed repeatedly, but fortunately did not brick the router. It actually figured out at one point that the router had been previously configured and prompted for the router SSID and Admin password. I supplied the info, but the process still failed. Cisco Connect is inoperative on my machine.

What I was actually trying to do was check for firmware upgrades. I gave up on Cisco Connect, lauched the web interface, downloaded the firmware .bin from the Cisco support site, and upgraded the old fashioned way.

The real issue here is how Cisco handled the software upgrade. They didn't.

DanielCoffey

They have also not communicated that there are software updates for their previous customers such as us E3000 users.