bella64

How can I bypass the Cisco Connect guest password?

Hello,

I am somewhere in New York and I am trying to use the internet from my laptop but it does not let me browse the internet unless I insert a cisco connect guest password. I have no idea what it would be, nor would the landlord here, it should just automatically work for me because someone with me has their own laptop too and on theirs (newer model), it right away works without asking any cisco password... How can I bypass this password business? It's really annoying me and I have no patience anymore for the cisco guest password. Please note I am hooked up here with the internet using an ethernet wire so there is no problem with the internet working, it works fine, but I can't get through to any web sites without entering the cisco guest password... what should I do?

If this helps, the network name I am automatically connected to is called ' guisseppi-guest'.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Administrator
24JUAN80

Re: How can I bypass the Cisco Connect guest password?

What is the model number of your router?

You should try to connect to the network without the "-guest". That I assume is your own network.

Click on the Wifi signal on your taskbar to disconnect from the guest network and reconnect to the guisseppi network.

It would be good if you can provide your device model but any how, you should always consider putting security in your home internet. Typing 192.168.1.1 on your browser (leave username blank and type admin as password-when prompted) on your browser field allows you to manage the Web Administration interface of your router. You can also assign security from there.

Do post back if you need more help on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free chocolate

The owner of the router should know the password for it. Wireless networks are also personal and even the guest network is necessarily secured. Ask that someone with you the password. It is impossible that he/she could have connected to the network without it.

We also don't know the password because we don't OWN the router.

JuanJenkins9

lancecreek

thurayyah

PassworRe: How can I bypass the Cisco Connect guest password?

I Need The Guest Password For PinkSpruce-Guest . PLEASE HELP !! I Have Too Much Online Homework

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Re: PassworRe: How can I bypass the Cisco Connect guest password?

Hi thurayyah,

Please refer to the link below for the steps on how to access your guest password.

Steps to Retrieve your Guest Password

caryn smalls

how can i by pass cisco connect

naptime1

murphyoliver

ditto...me too