Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ascoli

How do I delete the guest network.

[ Edited ]

How do you delete the "guest network" that is automatically created by Cisco Connect software? Is there a way to do it wihout Cisco Connect Software (CCS), because my CCS no longer works and I'm unable to fix it.    Long story short, We've tried everything suggested in the "Cisco Connect Will Not Install" thread here and tried 3 chat sessions with tech support.  Even did a system restore, but CCS won't recognize the router, even though the router is working.   When we try to use CCS and enter our password, CCS thinks we aren't connected to the router.  

In the end, all I want to do is delete the guest network.  We don't need or want it.  Please, no explanations about the guest network, the only info I want is help in deleting it, if it can be done without CCS.

dannykr

Re: How do I delete the guest network.

yea, i configure from advance setting, now guest account can happily connected withoud password :mad

Sleepyhead1

hi. you cannot delete Guest Network but you can disable it using the Cisco Connect Software. What I meant about disable is that the guest network name will not appear as wireless network.  What you are going to do is

1. access cisco connect

2. click on guest access

3. you will see two options on "Allow guest access" , choose NO

4. click finish

check the wireless network available you will no longer see  you -guest network.

You can actually install the router even without the Cisco Connect software. Install it manually.

Setting up a Linksys router for DSL Internet connection

Setting Up a Router with Cable Internet Service

If your router is E1000, E2000, E3000 there is no guest network that will appear if you are going to manually install your router..meaning no Setup CD used during the intallation. 

Hope this helps 

ghmathews

I have the E3000 and a Guest network shows up.  I think people are using this network because my internet is really slow.  How do I get rid of it.  I tried going into my router under the control panel but there is nothing that plainly says "Disable Guest Network"  Please help.

Expert
kent07

kdizzel

Once you go into remove the access, you might have to re-start your computer for the guest network to go away..
Edpheil

Re: Does deleting/Disabling Guest Network vs WiFi Speed

Someone said that having a main and Guest network basically split the WiFi speed and deleting/disabling the guest network could double your WiFi speed.  Is this true?

cuberoot

@edpheil: No, that's not true. Guest network secures your network but it does not cut down the speed of your router.

learn more about guest network through this link: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/GetArticle.aspx?docid=f35bd58fda4148929ac482f3c7968e04_Guest_Network_F...
Edpheil

The answer was insufficiently clear.  There seems to be two different networks, the main one at high speed and the Guest at something like half that speed.  If the network is shared then both would be at the same speed but the total bandwidth/download rate would be limited by the total download request rate.  

Is there any way to speed up my main WiFi network and increase it's range from the hub without buying a new system?

pamtru

Thank you so much for the for easy steps to get rid of the guest network access!!! It worked and was so easy to do. I just love you simplicity to resolve this long standing problem I have had since getting my E1500 router.