Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
nostink
Accepted Solution

M10 firmware update question

I am going to attempt to update my M10 firmware.  I have read the directions on downloading and installing but am not clear about if I will lose my current router settings during the process. 

If so, is this where the Easy Key comes in?  sorry, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to router stuff.  Makes me really nervous!

Corleone

Re: M10 firmware update question

You will not lose the current settings on your router after upgrading the firmware on your router. The settings will remain the same. However after upgrading the firmware on your router, it is recommended that you should reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

nostink

And the reset will delete the settings, correct?
forsaken

That is correct. If you reset the router to factory default settings, you will lose the settings on the router. Take screenshot of all the pages before you reset the router and reconfigure the same settings again after resetting the router. If you are upgrading the firmware on your router then it is recommended to reset the router and reconfigure it.

nostink

Thanks for the reply. One last question, I did update the firmware using Cisco Connect but it did not prompt me to reboot the router, if it is advisable to do so then why wouldn't Cisco Connect require me to do so?
ridcully

I think when you update the firmware using Cisco connect, it will reboot the router automatically.

nostink

Thanks so much again!
gricel.frade

I don't know what is my key router?