Ed English

Updating Cisco Connect

I just purchased and set up an E1000. Not too impressed with a few things - namely Cisco Connect. I see from the available downloads there is a newer version of Cisco Connect than the one on the set up disk that came with the unit. Does anyone know what changes were made? Is there a Read Me or Change Log to outline the updates made? Can the update be installed over the original version or must the original be uninstalled? If the original can be overwritten, will the current settings be retained or lost? Will the USB key I set up be rendered useless? You get the idea -- any and all information is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping some of the limitations in the original Cisco Connect have been removed or improved and that moving between it and the Web based control panel can be done easily (the issue of moving between Cisco Connect and the Web based utility is my chief beef).

Cisco Connect version I'm currently using: 1.1.10049.0

Thanks in advance!

Texas Big Ed

gandalf

Re: Updating Cisco Connect

If you are getting any problem with the Cisco Connect Software then,you can try with the new updated version of the Cisco Connect Software.When you download the new version of the software then,before installing it,you have to uninstall the old software.After installing the new software,you have to configure it again.

yllena gabriel

actually there is available firmware for the e series routers . but the thing is for the set up disc that came with your router . when you run and it doesnt work . you can try another computer . disable firewalls , and anti virus . run the software again . and that work right away . if it incase you change some settings on the router make sure that you have a flash drive because you need to save the changes there .

saeedhezam

model wag200g

CamCam12313

How do I download CD Software?

sleepyhead101

Try this for downloading the Cisco Connect Software, click here.

sleepyhead101

once there is an updated cisco connect software version. it will automatically update your cisco connect software- when you launch it as long as u have an active internet connection. it is always advisable to update it wired to the router since it has a more stable connection. :smileywink: try clicking here.

flwicci

The Easy Setup Key will automatically update itself once you plug it in your computer with an updated version of the Cisco Connect software installed.  This means that the USB key will not be useless after upgrading. 

Also, you can create your own version of the Easy Setup Key using your own USB flash drive.  Click here or here to learn more about the Easy Setup Key.