Easylink Advisor problem with internet connection

I am going to post this problem here as well as the wireless adaptor forum as I am using the Easylink Advisor that came with my router:

I just bought and installed a linksys WRT54gs  broadband router on my desktop (wired).  At the same time, I installed a WPC54GS  wireless adapter into my laptop. 

The adapter on the laptop is giving me the "you are connected to the access point, but the internet cannot be found" message, and I cannot connect to the internet from the laptop. 

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the software that came with the adapter, but it is still not working.

My wife is able to connect to the internet using her laptop via the new router with no problem, and she isn't even using a linksys adapter in her laptop! 

Why is it my wife's laptop has no problem connecting using the new linksys router and a different companies wireless card, yet I cannot connect to the linksys router on my laptop using a linksys adapter?   The EasyLink Advisor does show the laptop in the network, so it apparently is communicating with the wireless router, but I can't get on the internet. 

What do I need to do to get this to work?  Both laptop and desktop are using windows xp (sp2).

Re: Easylink Advisor problem with internet connection

I'm having a similar problem with the very same router.  Just installed it about 2 months ago.  Started noticing the problem when I started trying to use my Tungsten TX Palm PDA with the network.  Intermittent Internet access problems.

I see your post is from January and it doesn't show a solution. Did you ever get your problem resolved?

I have a similar problem. I have a WRT54G router with a desktop and a laptop wired. Those work no problem. I also have a desktop that is using a WUSB54G wireless router and I have the same error that you describe, it tells me I am connected to the access point but the internet cannot be found.

I believe that it is nothing more than a setting somewhere but I just can't seem to find it. If you or anyone else has a solution, please help. I am at my wit's end with this thing!!!

Thanks

My GS is doing the same thing to my WIRED computer! If I even touch Easylink my connection becomes terribly unstable. How am I supposed to run more computers and video game systems wirelessly, when I cant even get the first one running right wired!?

Easylink Advisor wiping out internet connection

After back and forths with linksys and Verizon, I determined with my verizon rep that each time I was opening the Easylink Advisor it would somehow disconnect my router. I would end up with no IP address. We went through this three times. No question, my internet access is stable and conencted EXCEPT when i open Easy Link advisor. I can check the router status page no probalem without causing problems.

this is after a 3 week old WRT54GS died over the weekend. Im guessing power surge as we could not ping the router and the power LED was out (others were on). I reinstalled the Easylink software over the old software, and started having connectivity problems. During the previous 3 weeks everythig worked fine.

LINKSYS THERE IS DEFINITELY A PROBLEM WITH EASYLINK!

Re: Easylink Advisor wiping out internet connection

BTW

the verizon rep had to rebuild my port connection to get the router up and running again

use the router homepage to setup the router

Have you tried uninstalling EasyLink Advisor and re-installing it again. There may be some old settings from the router that died left in cache that could cause a conflict.

Since you say that it worked fine the first 3 weeks, It may help to do a "fresh" install.

Peter

I am have very similar issues with a wrt54GS and the wpc54 (hope I got those numbers right!) combination.

When I can get the Linksys advisor shut off and let windows take care of the connection, I have little or no problem. Unfortunatly every time the laptop shuts down the linksys advisor starts up again and I am unable to connect until I can kill it.

How can I simply get that worthless POS software off of my system while maintaining the drivers needed by the wireless adapter.

I am very close to throwing all linksys hardware and software into the garbage can.

Does anyone from linksys actually read these posts?
08-07-2007 11:21 PM

I feel your pain--i am going through the same problem--the advisor shows that I am not connected to the internet--but I can connect--what's up with that???  Does LINKSYS look at these message boards or what?????