JimR

How to get rid of old devices?

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate with the new Vista version of EasyLink Advisor.

I have replaced several devices and now have both the old and the new displayed.  I've hidden all but one. But how do I get rid on all the old devices.  The one, I can't "hide", is a replacement for my gateway AP/Router.  The old AP/Router was a WRT54GS v2 and the new one is a WRT350N v1.  The old one still shows up (but  with a Yellow ! Triangle symbol) with the new one below it.  I can't find way to removeor hide the Original AP/Router from the data base/Display. Any suggestions other than removing EaysLink Advisor and reinstalling it?
Alessar

Re: How to get rid of old devices?

I would like to know this too. A storm just blew through my area and my power went out. When it came back up, the router lost ALL settings, including password and the security settings. A bunch of strange connections showed up in the advisor. I saw what had happened and created a new encryption ticket... but all those foreign devices are still showing up. I want them purged so if for some reason my security settings ever drop again, I'm going to get alerts for those mac addresses.

I'm really surprised I can't click on any of those items and just pick "remove from network" or better, "block intrusive device" on them.
nighthawk2207

Bump

I need to know this as well it gives you plenty of tips on how to add but
not how to remove. I only have 3 comptuers an a PS3 on my WRT54G
not 9 computers, but some how they all got hidden an now that they showed
back up i can't get rid of them an its SO ANNOYING!!!!!
JjEjFjF

There should be an option there to "HIDE" the device. I know what youre saying....i would like them to be gone too.
tenacious

I am also having this problem. I set up a security code and one of the devised re-installed itself.

Has anyone received an answer to this problem?