LELA Updater prompt every time I log on

I've had a Linksys router for a couple of years, no issues.  Out of the blue, I'm getting a LELA 3.1 updater prompt every time I turn on my computer.  EVERY single time.  I've clicked ok to update it about 3 times now.  What the heck?  Is Linksys sending me updates daily now?  Or is there a glitch?  Bottom line, how do I make this stop?!  Thanks!
bac123

Re: LELA Updater prompt every time I log on

I am having the exact same issue - running Windows XP.  This updater started April 1, and I was not bold enough to click UPDATE since I thought it may be part of a virus!

I do not believe it is a virus, I believe it is a legit program from Linksys.  But it's got to have some kind of glitch in it because it's annoying as hell.  However, I must tell you that after being prompted to update every single time I logged on for about a week, after I sent a post to this discussion board, it stopped.  Sort of like when you take the car to the mechanic because of that annoying sound that you hear, and miraculously disappears when you take the car to the shop ....
erussell24

I started to get a "Critical Update" message today.  I haven't clicked the update button yet.  I googled the linksys lela v3.1.1 but haven't found any information about it on a website that I trust.  Most of the google results are in foreign languages.  The red message pop-up got old really quick, so I quit using lela. When I use wireless connection, I get the message immediately.  No message appears when I use wired connection.  When I check for an update (wireless and connected) , I get the same message:  no updates are available at this time
Shack

I have the same problem and it is irritating as all get out.  Mine started when I updated to 3.11.  Now there's this irritating critical update that keeps popping up saying that theres an update to 3.11 which I already installed.  Great product lousy software.  I'm going to uninstall it.
jan0278

What LinkSys has done a created a windows service instead of a startup entry in msconfig? and Moreover NO way to turn it off... should be more annoying than less. :smileysad:

Well the cure isnt too tough.

Step 1: Go to start run and type the command "services.msc". If you prefer another way, you may use it but all I did is OPEN WINDOWS SERVICES WINDOW

Step 2: Find "Linksys Updater" service. Double-click and open the service properties. The Startup Type would be "Automatic".

Step 3: Now the 1st change you should do is change the Startup Type to "Disabled". So next time this process doesnt wake up when you boot your computer.

Step 4: Just hit Stop button which will stop the current process as well.

Hoep this helps !