don43920

Please Help How Do I Find My Network Keys ( WEP/WPA Key) Can Anyone Please Help

Can Use Keys That I Had, How Can I Find The New Ones Please Help     Thank You    From Don Confussed

Re: Please Help How Do I Find My Network Keys ( WEP/WPA Key) Can Anyone Please Help

Are you running the EasyLink Advisor software? Which router model do you have?

Peter
Siepmann

JS-Solution for: Please Help How Do I Find My Network Keys ( WEP/WPA Key) Can Anyone Please Help

[ Edited ]
1. First if you are running Windows XP and you have not gotten the WPA/WPS patch*, go to www.support.microsoft.com/kb/893357/en-us , get it and install it as it brings XP up to date with current standards and fixes a lot of problems. (This was not included in SP2 and is not being downloaded by Windows/MS Update, so you have to download and install it from the link above.). It will also let you set the key in alphanumeric e.g., 2BNICEPERSON)  rather than hexadecimal version (e.g., 6AV2555BBB) which is good since EasyLink uses the alphanumeric key.

*You can check to see if this has been installed by going to add/remove programs (check the show updates box at the top) and then under Windows Updates you should see KB893357 listed as a Hotfix. There should not be any harm trying to install it again though.

2a. If you have EasyLink Advisor installed and your router is supported, just click the support tab and under Basic Router Information and Router Wireless Settings it will list the security mode, WEP/WPA, and the encrytption key. Be sure that you router and computers are using the same Security Mode, encryption/algorithm, and Encryption Key.

2b. If EasyLink Advisor does not support your router, open up your router by opening up your browser and entering http://192.168.1.1 (the address of your router of which 192.168.1.1 is typically the default) and entering your password (default is usually admin). Then click the Wireless tab and then Wireless Security under that. You will find your mode, encryption, and key there.

Message Edited by Siepmann on 03-23-200707:49 AM

Message Edited by Siepmann on 03-23-200710:18 AM

defas25

Re: JS-Solution for: Please Help How Do I Find My Network Keys ( WEP/WPA Key) Can Anyone Please Help

Can Use Keys That I Had, How Can I Find The New Ones Please Help pass ?

Re: JS-Solution for: Please Help How Do I Find My Network Keys ( WEP/WPA Key) Can Anyone Please Help

If I understand your question/problem, I had a post almost the same as this, and my response was to type 192.168.1.1 into your browser, and go to wireless and it should say what it is.
ediesmith

Re: Please Help How Do I Find My Network Keys ( WEP/WPA Key) Can Anyone Please Help

When setting up my router I set it where no one else could get on.  I have not been able to change it to where anyone else could use their computer using my signal.  It keeps asking for my network key.  I don't remember setting this or receiving it.  Can you tell me where to find this?
wiremast

Did the same, try using the reset button on back and hold for 30  sec. It should erase all the information you entered and go to factory default settings and then start over on your configuration. worked for me.
martinamcbride

How do I find out what my wep key number is?
mobandit

martinamcbride wrote:
How do I find out what my wep key number is?

Type 192.168.1.1 into a web browser. Leave the username blank and type 'admin' into the password (without the quotes). If you changed this password there is no way to recover it if you've forgotten it. Press and hold the reset button on your router for 30 seconds and then release it. That will erase all settings and keys, and allow access to the router as described above.

If you know your access password, once you get into your admin pages look for a tab labeled "wireless" and select it. Look for security settings, your security password/key should be displayed there.

If you have to do a 30 second reset, you will need to reconfigure all settings for your network, including security keys. Write them down this time.
A+ Certified, over 15 years of hands on computer and home networking experience...and I still get lost!