Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dikker

problem LELA with wrk54g

I have 2 laptops on a broadband router wrk54g; 1 laptop is working fine with this router and with the help of lela I made it wireless; when I tried to do the same with the 2nd laptop of my wife, the wireless connection failed; she now has a wired connection with the router and that works fine; how do I get her wireless, because she is now sitting in my office, on my desk and I want her to have her computer in her own room; please help before a marriage goes broke:smileyhappy: thanks for any help...

Re: problem LELA with wrk54g

Have you tried using the "Add and additional computer to this network" function under the Actions Tab in LELA. You can use the computer where you have LELA installed to get a second comuter up and running easily.

This function will help you to automatically transfer the wireless settings to a different computer without having to manually enter security key's and network name (SSID)

-P

Hi dikker -

Perhaps the wireless radio is not activated on your wife's computer.  I know that many laptops have a button that needs to be pressed to turn on the wireless (usulally a blue light indicates that it is active).

Have you ensured that the wireless is activated on your wife's machine?  What is the manufacturer and model number of the 2nd laptop?

Ridgeroader

How does one add a 2nd computer (wireless connection) to the net?
Everybody has to be somewhere.