Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
magnanimous
Accepted Solution

Connecting WGA54G to my Router using WPA

Hello all,

I will explain my problem briefly, I have 2 PCs each in different room, I wanted to use WGA54G to connect one PC to my wireless network. I tried to foloow all the tutorials avaialble to connect it to my wireless network but I didn't success.. I'm sure that I have done everything correctly. the Wireless-G indicator is ON (green) which means that it is connected to my wireless network. but when I connect the PC to it I wont get any IP address !!

I configured my WGA54G using Web-based. I wanted to make sure if it is work with the WPA security since my router using WPA which is more secure than WEP.

Anyone can advice me so I can no how to use my WGA54G, Please if you need any extra information tell me and I can provide you but please solve my problem. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

saber_tooth

Re: Connecting WGA54G to my Router using WPA

If you have connected your WGA54G to your computer, As your Gaming Adapter dosent have a DHCP Server on it, so whenever you connect your Gaming adapter to your Computer, you need to assigne a Static IP to your Computer.

Click on the Start button >>> Settings >>> Control Panel >>>Network Connections- Right click on the icon for Local area connection and go to properties- On the 'General' tab select 'Internet Protocol TCP/IP' and click on the Properties button- Select 'Use the following IP address'- Provide IP Address - 192.168.1.5, Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1- Preferred DNS 192.168.1.1, Alternate DNS - 4.2.2.2 >>Click on Ok button to Save and Click on "Close" on main Properties window.

magnanimous

Thank you very much for your wonderful solution.

Actually I reset my game adaptor and I retry to configure it again.

I found that your solution is solve the problem when using PC. I connect the game adaptor to my TV receiver and it was working perfectly even with enabling DHCP on the TV receiver (DreamBox).

Thank you very much. Hope this solution help who will use WPA.

wwwebb1

After taking the steps below, I'm assuming you run the Gaming Adapter setup program.  From the setup program, I assumed I should choose Static IP address, at which time I entered the IP and Mask you listed below.  After that, I get a message stating the setup failed.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,