Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
larryma
Accepted Solution

DMA2100 can't find network

This is probably something easy. I just bought a DMA2100. I went through the installation routine, including the on-screen setup. When I get to the network connection questions, I pick wireless, then it goes to the searching for wireless networks screen--and hangs. No wireless networks are found, can't go back or forward in the questioning, have to repower or reset the device to start again.

I have a Netgear wireless G router with WPA2 encryption. The router is only 10 feet from the DMA. I also turned off the encryption for a bit to see if that would help, but it didn't. And there are other networks in the area which it should have seen also, but it didn't, just hangs.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Larry

larryma

Re: DMA2100 can't find network

Update: I called Linksys support, and they decided it was a defective DMA2100. Consequently, I got another shipped today, set it up--same result. It doesn't see any wireless networks, including mine where the router is 10 feet away!

Not sure what to do now besides getting a refund and looking for an alternative.

Any thoughts? Help?

Larry

larryma

As a final update to this string, I found an ethernet cable just long enough to go from the DMA to the router. Then I went through the setup routine using wired/ethernet rather than wireless. Mainly I was hoping some additional settings might be available or some miracle.

What happened was it almost immediately did a firmware update online. I reset the device afterward, disconnected the ethernet, then went through the wireless setup. It immediately found my wireless network and about 10 others in the area!

So I assume the firmware loaded with the device was somehow bad. Not sure how a customer with only wireless can update firmware on this machine, but I got lucky.

Larry

witsend50

I am having a similar problem, using HDMI connection. Device finds network in initial search but cannot connect when have added network key