Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ramonus

KISS 1600 firmware

I was wondering if there is any new firmware planned for the kiss 1600 adapter?
If so.. when

Jason McOrmick

Re: KISS 1600 firmware

[ Edited ]
Yes, I'd like to know the status of the firmware update for this player. It has been too long that we haven't seen any repairs to features that should have worked flawlessly from the start. Last firmware was released over 5 months ago.

* Where are the normal DVD-features? On-screen progress bar, info regarding part length, angle selection, in movie-sound select, etc etc.
* FWD/RWD in HD WMV does not work. Picture stalls and player needs a reset.
* No MKV container --> this should be implemented since specifications state HD and MKV is open source and a HD variant.
* CD-ISO support for my backed-up Holiday DVDs? Why am I being limited here? Even my 3 year-old HDD non-networked player could do this...
* Better picture slideshow transitions
* Play music during slideshow
* Faster buffering on internet radio

Who has anything to add to this?
When is Linksys or the Danish dept that does the KiSS firmware do something to INCOMPLETE FIRMWARE for a POTENTIALLY good player.

Message Edited by Jason McOrmick on 11-26-2007 05:19 AM
sbaechler

I think it's a great player if those flaws get fixed.

The player has problems with AAC audio usually found on podcasts. It plays the video but not the audio.
Matroska (MKV) is becoming very popular very fast. Especially with HD content. The player absolutely should support that container format.
The Network-menu needs some optimizing. You have to chose between Audio/Video/Image files twice. Once in the player and once on the Twonky server. The player could directly go to the right directory on the media server.
yasha

bug in embedded subtitles in mp4 file
(not "empty subtitle"? displayed for clear screen)
Jason McOrmick

So, Linksys, you have any dates set for the KiSS 1600 new firmware release in December 07 or January 08?
fl4sh

I would be happy if the KiSS DP-1600 could see the UPnP-Media-Server from the WRT350N. Both units were manufactured by Linksys but are incompatible?! Unbelievable!
roel smit

I would like that the Kiss 1600 could stream from a Zyxel NSA-220 media server and therefore is DLNA compatible so it could hold the connection
Jason McOrmick

We can request all we want; our input is not being noted by developers anyway, but here is what should have been done the past 6 months:

1st / Immediate Priority:
=========================
- OSD (On-screen display) during playback
- Zoom, Bookmark & Time Control options
- ISO/IFO support to save the original DVDs from breaking down. Legality is not an issue here; this is legal in most Western countries like the ones in the EU.
- Matroska, FLAC and OGM filetype support --> Matroska container is the most used and widely accepted format!
- SMB/Samba (Windows shares) and NFS support
- NAS support (At the moment the latest Linksys NAS is not compatible with the KiSS 1600).
- uPnPAV support

2nd Priority:
=============
- Ability to organize you MP3/Audio collection (How do I select all SmoothJazz MP3s?) instead of per directory/album???
- RSS feeds? The news-listing in the standard KML is way too limited, and some newspapers have (Javascript??) errors on their pages displaying a randomizer code.
- Video on demand (as was advertised) ... Online video (Google Video/Youtube)
- Slideshow during music playback
- Adaptable screensaver
Sbalsy

Anybody knows when the new firmware will be released?
fl4sh

I dont want to sound negative, but i bet never. :-(