Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mertens

Kiss 1600 Problem

Hey, I've a Kiss 1600 Media Player with a Lacie Ethernet Big Disk 1 TB (NAS). Everything works ok, but there are 2 big problems. First of all when I play a HD movie from my NAS its skipped automaticly after ca. 30 minutes to the next movie (very strange), and this is with every movie. So I can't see any HD movie because I won't finish the movie I am wachting. Second problem is that I cant use the option "rewind/fast forward" when I am streaming from my NAS Drive. Does somebody have the same problems ? or maybe a solution ? Thanks anyway.....
mstrike

Re: Kiss 1600 Problem

I believe u are connected wirelessly.
So there is the problem.

Try connecting with a cable.
And if u will not have the same problem, check out ur router or access point.
Maybe it needs update or a change.
max01

Ok I'm having a similar problem & I'm using a wireless connection. If I'm watching something (not HD btw) the player will skip randomly to the next file. It might happen after 5 minutes or 30. Its extremely frustrating. I'm not a techie but I feel confident its not because I'm using wireless. Signal strength is fine.
mstrike

Guys,
Wireless can have a great signal, but if connection will be lost for couple of seconds the file will be stopped.

Try with the cable and see if it will solve the problem.
Mertens

[ Edited ]
Hey Guys, I just want to say that my problem is with a wired ethernet cable. I'm not using wireless, because this is not working at all. So this isn't the problem. I hope somebody can give me a solution. Anyway, I hope the DMA 2200 will be available soon in Europe, because this Media Player has more/better options and support. BTW, don't give any negative reaction about their products, because they will delete the text anyway!

Message Edited by Mertens on 11-25-2007 08:28 AM
max01

I'm glad you posted that Mertens, as it was going to be a real pain for me to try connecting a cable.

In any event, the whole reason I bought the KISS1600 was so I could play stuff off my PC over wireless. I can understand how you could get "lag" over wireless but this is something different. Its skipping forward to the next file immediately, so there's no connection problem as such.
max01

I've emailed tech support about the problem. In fairness they were really quick to reply - I'm impressed actually. Hopefully the problem can be solved & I'll report back.
Mertens

Hey, I've contacted linksys to about all the problems (phone). They adviced me to return the Kiss 1600 with their RMA-service. Because it's proberly a defect in the kiss 1600. When the Kiss 1600 is picked up by GPS, they will send a new one whitin 3 business days. I hope the new one will work, otherwise I hope I can get full refund, so I can buy the new Linksys DMA 2200-EU. I will let you know how things work out.
max01

tech support emailed me suggesting the problem lies with the files I was playing.

The suggest I try using MPEG Modifier, which "unpacks" xvid/divx files or something like that. I'm going to give a whirl and see if that works

Mertens

Hey Max01, I don't think this is gonna work. Because when I burn the movie (file) on a DVD, it plays perfectly, whithout any skipping. So this is clearly a streaming problem, and not a wrong codec or bitrate failure. I hope that I'm wrong, but for me it's making sense:smileywink: Good luck.