Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
vangelis

Kiss 1600 dead :(

Hi Everyone,

I have a Linksys Kiss 1600 HD DVD player, just few days back I was trying to turn it on and suddenly found that player's small screen showing all characters ON and nothing coming up on TV/LCD. It seems that firmware crashed or something. I tried to reset it from the back side but no luck.

Is there any way to re-flash it again please? any solution or suggestion????

Thanks all in advance

miotis

Re: Kiss 1600 dead :(

Maybe it is up to Power Supply Unit. Try to check it if possible.

Eject function is gone on mine. I suspect on PSU also.

aguste

Hi, 

I've got the same symptoms on my 1600. But strangely though the device still works. The power adapter area feels quite hot though. Would be really really nice to hear from the pros. I live in Iceland and I don't think there is any KiSS service here so any fixe-it-yourself advice would be well recieved. 

Best 

geezerpl

[ Edited ]

Mine died approx 1 year after purchase (and after guarantee ! )...

> display dead

> Samsung D162 DVD drive dead (spinning can be heard but it doesn't open)

The rest works (funny enough).

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)
Message Edited by iamgiantherockstar on 08-03-2009 11:27 AM
aguste

My player has now stopped working. LED panel all lit up but nothing appears on the tv. Having real trouble finding who can service this. Getting cought in dead ends on Linksys' support website. Are they totally scrapping this product line? Should I not bother and just go and buy another brand?
sma007

I have had my kiss 1600 for about 1 year it crashed just ternd it self off now when i tern it back on all i see on the led screen to BOOT and nothing els will happen any ieads??
miotis

I change few condensators on th PSU board. Now I can eject the DVD tray and everything works like new.
AndyNordens

I have a dead Kiss 1600. The front panel appears to be dead, although it powers on using the remote and displays menus. It fails to eject the DVD which is in the drive. Could you provide more info on the fix you applied?
miotis

Few capacitors (I think 2) are replaced on PSU. My friend did it for me.

One of them surelly was 2200uf..

I hope it helps.

timarustu

Purchased Kiss 1600 November 2007 Functions gradually disappeared, never been able to play a DVD without skipping, really used the unit to play USB hardrive. Unit caught FIRE overheated, be careful I would unplug the unit and dispose of it, I don't think you'll ever get any support from Linksys to overcome fire risk, so just have to put it down to expensive experience, and warn others.