Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VALENTIN2007

Kiss DP-600 Wifi connection problem after upgrading firmware

Hello, I just upgraded my Kiss DP-600 adapter with the 4.0.3a firmware. It solves many DVD related problems (concerning DTS), but creates a new one for me.

When I connect DP-600 to my Wifi router, the router behaves in a strange manner and the connection is lost then found then lost... every third second ! This didn't happen with the old firmware. I don't want to downgrade the firmware as I really need the other improvements, but I need to solve this !

I read the .pdf paper concerning technical changes between old and new firmware and saw a new feature called "Wifi improved support : signal strength". Could it be because of this "improvement" ?

This is my routeur configuration :

Router OLITEC RW400SG, WEP open 64 bit encryption. DP-600 automated IP settings or manually fixed didn't change anything.

I don't think the encryption method does change anything. But who knows ? I'm going to try not to encrypt the Wifi signal and see what's happening. Any other suggestion ?

Thanks for the help.
VALENTIN2007

Re: Kiss DP-600 Wifi connection problem after upgrading firmware

I tried several things :

- unencrypt the Wifi signal,
- change the router advanced settings : RTS, beacon, fragmentation, DTIM,
- disable super G mode,

Didn't change anything. I'm going to try to switch from mixed "b" and "g" mode to only "g" mode. Otherwise, I think I can try another router, I have an old D-Link one somewhere...
VALENTIN2007

Well, I tried every thing, and it still doesn't work. I have the same problems with my D-Link Di-604 router : it reboots every third second when the Kiss product is connected.

Very strange.
Joce

I have the same problem but I don't find solution. Did you solve it ?
----
DP 600, Ampli Yamaha HTR-N5060, Enceintes Magnat, Rooter DLink DI-624, Network With 3 PC, Ubuntu Gutsy(x2) & Windows XP,

The Earth Not Belong To Us, We Borrow It From Our Children!
---
Joce

I had an answer of kiss support : there will be able a new version of firmware soon. Pending its publication, I reuse the old version (3.0.34). The support get me the back procedure.
----
DP 600, Ampli Yamaha HTR-N5060, Enceintes Magnat, Rooter DLink DI-624, Network With 3 PC, Ubuntu Gutsy(x2) & Windows XP,

---
VALENTIN2007

The new 4.0.6 firmware doesn't solve anything. But I found a solution experimenting by myself. When configuring DLINK DI-624 routeur (with 2.76 firmware), disable the UPNP setting (under table "Tools", "misc" button). And now it works fine.
Joce

thank you for this solution. It work fine too.
----

---
peter boutte

My son has  a 54m dts route     I need the code to make router work in lap top