Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
BajanMike

Kiss DP-600 v2 Please wait

I've just loaded my old Kiss DP-600 with the new firmware. The loading process works well. However after I reboot the unit after the firmware upgrade and turn it back on, it sticks and displays the Please Wait message on the front and it ejects the empty DVD tray. I have switched it off and on many times. Once it came up and I configured the system. I thought I was in the clear. For about a week it was stable and no problems. Now its back to the same behaviour. I re-loaded the firmware once more - again that worked. But I have not been able to restart it and get to the setup screens. Very frustrating. Can anyone lend a hand. Back when I first purchased this box I found many sites that had all sorts of undocumented commands etc that seemed to get around the quirks of the DP-600. So far I have found scant info on the DP-600 running the new Firmware. Any help would be much appreciated!
McKee

Re: Kiss DP-600 v2 Please wait

Hi,
since new firmware, indeed did install with a few tricks I had from the forums all over the web ... playing with the 2 buttons at the back, my player seems more stable .
Still I'm facing problems for the job I buyed it for. See my favorite pics from my Big Disk 1Tb via UPnP.
After some pics viewed in slideshow, screen turn's black and that's it.
Goiing back to the menu and browse to the pics, I only see a few set of folders...

Still a lot of work to do.

BR,
Marc
vellari

I've also tried the new 4.0 firmware, but I immediately reverted back to 3.0 since the some of the HD features simply did not work with 4.0. Specifically, the player doesn't seem to support 1080p anymore (with Toshiba 42X3030DG FullHD LCD), atleast it no longer shows the option in the display setups (it does and works with the 3.0.34 firmware). Also the player no longer plays HD videoclips which are made at 1080p resolutions. For example, the 1080 sample files available at www.wmvhd.com do not work at all, only the 720p versions work and even with them the audio is severely distorted. With the 3.0.34 firmware I have no problems what so ever.
BajanMike

Any suggestions of forums for the DP-600. There is very little posted here. For about two weeks my box has been stable. But today its gone back to the "Please Wait" message when I turn it on. It just locks up. I do not know the excact sequence to get it out of this. I have been trying with the default and reset buttons, stopping and restarting but so far just a lot of grief and not solution. ARRGH not what the wife likes to see.
vellari

I occasionally experience the same. For me it happens when I'm starting the DP from the standby mode (the " - - - " on the display), not very often though. To get it to start properly, I need to turn if off completely (nothing on lcd, a little red light lits at the top right corner of the lcd area). Not with the back panel button though, pressing the remotes on/off button for a few secs will shut it down. Just leave the thing off for 3-5 seconds and turn on again. Works for me.