Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jabka

Kiss PC-Link 3.0.5 crashes under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Hi,

I just reinstalled my iMac with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and since then Kiss PC-Link software v3.0.5 keeps crashing when fired up...

Does anybody experience the same problem ?

Regards.
epollux

Re: Kiss PC-Link 3.0.5 crashes under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Hi - I am on Tiger but will upgrade to Leopard in a couple of days. I just bought my 1600 and still struggling with 2 things... - If I encrypt the Wifi connection then I can't connect to PC-Link or Kiss Online (I am using Airport extreme) - When connected without Encryption, I can see that PC-Link if connected by I can't see any files that I had with PC-Link...the directory seems empty when browsing with 1600... Any idea about those? I'll tell you about my Leopard experience when I upgrade!
Jabka

Well, I do not have any problem to connect to my Wifi access point but it is also a Linksys (WRT54GS). What kind of encryption do you use on your Airport extreme ? I'm using WPA with Pre-Shared key and it is running just fine... With encryption on, do you receive any IP address on your 1600 (there is a network status page somewhere in the setup menu) ? Stupid question but when activating security on your Airport Extreme are you sure you do not activate MAC address filtering ?
Zack509

Excuse me, but the question is "Kiss PC-Link 3.0.5 crashes under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard"!!!! :-) I have the same problem and I hope in a solution....
epollux

Hello - I've upgraded to Leopard - same problem. PC-Link crashes! How bad is that. Will chat to support and ask them for an update. For other mac related problems here my experience: - with airport extreme: I had to leave the connection non encrypted and filter by Mac address. No other way to connect - don't forget to open port 8000 - otherwise things won't work - if you want to add files or live folder at the root of PC-Link then it they will disappeare once you quit PC-Link. You have to create a folder first and add the files and live folders inside the folder.
epollux

Hello - I chatted online with Linksys support over the week-end. They are now aware of the issue (3.0.5 crashing with Leopard) and support have raised this to R&D. No commitment at all for a fix though. We just have to pray I suppose! -V
Jabka

Thanks for this update ! Let's hope it won't take too long. This is the workaround I'm using for the time being :

- Under Leopard, share the folders containing your media files (movies, pictures, music,...)
- Build a virtual MS Windows machine (is it under VMware Fusion, Parallels Desktop, the free VirtualBox, whatever...)
- Install the MS Windows version of Kiss PC-Link in your virtual machine.
- In your virtual machine map the shared folders containing your media files (map network drive).
- In your virtual machine, add these mapped folders in Kiss PC-Link.

I know... but at least, I can still watch my movies on my TV...
Zack509

I AM HOPING :-) Thankyou at all for the support. I am waiting for the 1600 in a couple of days. I hope I don't need to sell the Kiss befor try it ;-)
popono

Kiss PC-Link crashes under Leopard, but KiSS MacLink 2.5.1 works great under Mac OS 10.5 and I think it is nicer than PC-Link. Link: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25764
epollux

Very nice! I was not aware of this Mac Link software. The KiSS1600 only comes with PC Link. MacLink works and the interface is much much nicer! Cheers Vincent