jlsohio
Accepted Solution

WMB54G not working after firmware upgrade?

I have a wmb54g wireless music bridge. I just upgraded my router to Wireless-N Gigabit. (WRT310N) My bridge was working OK, then I updated the firmware this morning. Since then, my network will not recognize the WMB54G. I've reset the unit multiple times and spent 2 hours on the chat line with Linksys. Still not working.

I've uninstalled the bridge software. I've hooked up the bridge directly to my router, but still my network won't see it.

I've tried to access the bridge directly by 192.168.1.210, no can do?

jlsohio

Re: WMB54G not working after firmware upgrade?

Update: Bad news, can't ping bridge when connected directly to router. Linksys will send a replacement WMB.
wallyarida

I was a happy bridge user for about ayear. Then a virus forced me to refomat my hard drive. upgraded fmor xp home to xp pro sp3 plus installed linksys utility 1.3 and firmware 2.18.  I've gotten it to a point where the utility can now find the bridge.  But it stays disconnected.  It just wont connect.  Is there an XP Pro sp3 issue i'm not aare of?  Or is this a case of the 2.18 firmware I've been reading about in the forums?  Please help.

Wally

kircheis

works fine for me. XP SP3 and latest firmware
aman72158

Any tips on getting it to work?  I'm running XP SP3 as well.

Thanks!

kwansanii

Installed new e4200 router my wmb54g looses the signal  e veryso often for any where from 39 sec to a minute is there a firmware update for the bridge some time it disconx itself

andyforum

I changed the security in my E4200 G-Band to "WEP" and the Music Bridge is now showing up in the network. It was not able to connect WPA/WPA2. Hope this helps.