Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DBS50325

Re: WMG54G Music Bridge & Windows 7 - Anyone got it to work?

echamp1,

Your new batch file script for 64 bit Win 7 systems works fine.  I had to copy your script into a new batch file as the file I downloaded from your MediaFire web location  (and put in my Startup folder) asked for permission during Windows reboot before it even opened the file to initiate your commands.  Thanks for your work!

Dave528

Just a quick note, I ran into a W7 RC problem with both my 32bit systems. They suddenly showed they were "not valid" in other words they had not been activated. I could not get then to activate again.

As I had recently upgraded my laptop to W7 I figured that (reading other forums) that some "Daemon" program someone installed caused the same problem, maybe something installed caused the error. The only "non-standard" software I had installed was for a Cisco/Linksys Music Bridge so I uninstalled that and the "activation" showed back up.

Strange, that though it had been activated initially upon install, other software would render it as "not activated". Now the kicker is, the older 32bit desktop also had it installed (so I'm guessing that was why that one also crashed) and, my 64bit newer desktop also has it installed BUT, it is validated fine. Go figure!

I hope this helps if anyone else sees this problem. It is working fine on my newer 64bit system which is really the only one I needed it on.

jaquintd

I have the same odd activation issue on Windows 7 32bit... says my RC legit copy is unvalid (until I uninstall the bridge). I did have the bridge working for awhile and then I couldn't get it to work for some reason later again... even with it as the default sound device (which shows it receving sound bars) and all the right programs running. I'm about to give up.
Dave528

As I said, it's working on m 64 bit and I will try it again on the final copy when it arrives. I also posted it on the Microsoft site so someone might look at it.
jstraw

I dumped my WMB54G during the Vista debacle for a Sondigo Sirocco. Now they're doing the same thing...a Windows 7 debacle...plus, it looks like they're closing up shop anyway,

Next up...the Audioengine W1

The Audioengine W1 is working flawlessly with Windows 7 RC.

http://audioengineusa.com/w1_home.php

The downside is that it's a USB dongle...though very small.

The upsides are that it works. It requires NO software installations or upgrades and that there was ZERO configuration. Sender was discovered by the USB port. Connected the receiver to my stereo. They paired instantly and just worked...right off the bat. Unplug the dongle from the laptop and sound reverts right back to the speakers.

Dave528

Good catch, I'll definitely save the link in case this does not work  out. My only concern would be distance.

Thanks,

Dave

dcalcutt

I have an updated XP syatem and I too cannot get the WMB to connect. I can connect to the web pages via 192.168.1.210, but the utility.... sucks!
Darrin J. Calcutt, CEO, COO

Canadian Locomotive Logistics

http://atc.lovethosetrains.com

http://my.hdvideo.ca
d-shade

echamp1, thanks for the batch file.. it makes things easier to start up

I was always able to see my music bridge in win7.. but the add legacy did the trick for me to get audio playing..

WMB54G & Win7(64-bit)  finally working.. 

Does anyone know how to have the music bridge connect automaticly when you start it???

I had a small glitch in Vista where I was able to play music over the bridge without having to connect.. but in Win7 I need to connect which is a bummer.

I have my foobar set to output music only to the Music Bridge.. all other computer audio comes out of my pc speakers...

phreadom

[ Edited ]

I've installed it on Windows 7 RC, and initially got it working, but with my Windows copy suddenly saying it was invalid. "Not Genuine".

So I removed the driver and then it would revalidate... but then I could not get the driver working again even after reinstalling.

Infuriating.

So now I'm trying to make room to back things up and try with the RTM to see if it makes a difference.

I find it ABSURD that Linksys would not have a real driver out even for VISTA, which has been out for YEARS now, much less Windows 7 which has been RTM for over a month now and which will be released on store shelves in less than 6 weeks.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

Message Edited by kent07 on 09-09-2009 09:57 PM
phreadom

Kent07, if you're going to edit my messages, why not just remove the one with the more angry comments in it, and keep the one edited for content that has the more pertinent information about the release dates of Vista, the service packs, and the release dates for the RC and RTM of Windows 7 etc?

I've been informed now by support that my product is no longer under warranty and thus my device is not eligible for chat or phone support, so support here is my only option. I've also been told that the Utility version 1.4 that I've seen mentioned here on the forum is not actually available, in spite of other users here having reported obtaining a copy from support. I would hope that at the very least we could give this development version of the driver a shot to see if it can help mitigate some of the considerable trouble many of us are experiencing.

Thus I'm going to repost the latter part of my message to make the point clearly again.

---------

The manufacture date on the bottom of my WMB54G is March 2006. Vista was released in November 2006. Linksys did not bother with any Vista support until  March of 2008. Roughly a 16 month gap between Vista being on store shelves and a driver being released (which happened to be right around the time of Vista SP1, which I'll get to in a moment). Vista was released only 8 months after this hardware was manufactured, not to mention Vista being in development with Linksys having access to development builds as a major vendor.

Then we consider that even when they did finally release a "vista compatible" driver in March 2008, this was a month after Vista SP1 was available to them for testing, and with which their driver again did not work. Vista SP1 was released on Windows Update March 18 2008 (6 days after they released their Vista driver) and again fully broke compatibility.

They not only didn't fix this problem, but didn't bother with any further updates for Vista SP2 either, or any for the long in development Windows 7, neither for the RC, nor even for the RTM which was released over a month ago, and which will hit store shelves in less than 6 weeks.

How can we seriously look at all these factors and still try to pretend that we're getting satisfactory support, or respectable treatment from Linksys/Cisco?

I think it's a very valid question.

I'd appreciate any assistance I can get on this matter, and being in IT for 15+ years now, I'm comfortable with any extraordinary measures I might have to take to get this working. I simply can't afford to have to buy new hardware to replace a 3 year old device that still works perfectly other than the lack of support on the part of Linksys for any moderately recent versions of Windows (Vista SP1, SP2, Windows 7 RC, RTM, etc.)