Re: WMG54G Music Bridge & Windows 7 - Anyone got it to work?

[ Edited ]

Updates... via Virtual Machine I can connect to the Sondigo in Windows 8, but only when I directly connect the Sondigo and the laptop via a dedicated ethernet cable and I choose, on VMVirtual Box: "network bridge, ethernet card". If I connect the Sondigo  to the router via ethernet and I try to connect to it exploiting the wireless network I can ping it and access it via web browser, but I can't find it in the sondigo software. I've tried to change to "network bridge, wireless card", but nothing changed.

If I try to connect the sondigo directly in widows 8, by plugging it directly via ethernet to the laptop, it works in the VMVirtual box, but not in windows 8. I always get the error "device not found". I've tried to stop antivurs, UAC, firewall... nothing changed Smiley Sad

Do you have any suggestion about anything else that I can try? I start thinking about some network configuration.

if u using win 8.1 it is a problem with startup apps u need to modify delay time to 0

search for policy editor    gpedit.msc

search this file in the editor

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy\Configure Logon Script Delay

modify delay to 0.

I've tried but also in this case I can't see the Sondigo.

Do you know if there is anything else that I need to change on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 for having it work?

My doubt is also if there is something else like the Sondigo... I can't find anywhere else a device like this that is supported by Windows 7/8, and I can't get why, since it one of the most useful things I've added into my house Smiley Happy.

Listen to music via wireless is great, and no usb pen are plugged to the pc, moreover 2 sets of speakers can be attached to it and with a simple selection the music can be sent to one or to another.

There is a time when one just has to let go of a nice product because the technology on which it depends has taken a different direction. Unfortunately, each new release of Microsoft Windows IS a different direction! And Linksys, sadly, will not spend the small amount of dollars to update it. 

This is the perfect storm that screwed the WMG54G. Some Linksys routers also had to be replaced when Windows Vista and 7 came on the scene.  So this failure to update a product to a current version of Windows is typical of the Linksys mindset.

If your purpose is to transmit audio from point A to point B, point A being a computer with a headset/speaker output, I recommend looking into the Nyrius NY-GS3200 5.8GHz 6 Channel Wireless Audio/Video Sender Transmitter & Receiver System.

As the product name suggests, this is a wireless solution.  Amazon lists the whole package, including wireless transmitter and wireless receiver, for $79.99.

An audio cable goes from the PC or Mac headset/speaker output to the transmitter, and another audio cable connects the output of the receiver to the audio input of any device, whether it be a stereo or TV.  An adapter will most likely be required on the PC end, since PCs rarely have RCA jacks as outputs.

An added bonus is that it will also send low-resolution video, but probably, relatively few people would want to do that.  Unfortunately, the HDTV wireless solutions that actually work still range from the $200s upward. So this individual uses only the audio portion. 

The system is expandable:  you can add a point C by purchasing an additional receiver. 

I found this product unusually easy to set up for a friend, and it has been working fine now for over a month.  

[ Edited ]
Try to install wmg54g driver and software. .without uninstall sondigo...works for me for the first time..(when a trying to connect..)...u should see sondigo in the software and try to connect.do not search for decice it should to appear automatically.

Hi

Many thanks for the help, but it doesn't work Smiley Sad

In the end I've decided to re-install Windows Vista and unitl april 2017 I'll exploit it.... then I'll look for something else, maybe the market will propose new things.

I've checked the device you suggested, but what I want is to not to use any kind of cable or external system. Just the notebook.

I think that I have to give up now Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]

gpedit.jpghi

i`ve just installed the software for windows 8.1 pro x64 its working fine..did u do this thing on the picture.install setup compatibility in vista,after setup set compatibility for cmflywav.exe for vista.in the gpedit.msc  login script put the sondigo-sirocco.bat file and restart the pc or ...this is the final help...

hope u this help.