Re: WMG54G Music Bridge & Windows 7 - Anyone got it to work?

Are you starting the apps in specified order?  For whatever reason, the cmas2ds.exe has to be running first. Also, did you follow the step to run in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode? I am on build 7100 of Windows 7. I would be surprised if 7600 is much different.  I have it running currently.

Yeah, I followed the directions exactly.  many times.  It just doesn't work.  I've also tried the exact directions on several different builds, Beta, RC, 7127, 7600, etc.  I just can't get cmflywav.exe to start at all.

That's pretty strange that it would work on my PC and not yours.  There must be some sort driver conflict going on. Might try upgrading your sound driver. Just so you don't think I'm smoking something, here's a screen cap of it running on my workstation:

screen cap

[ Edited ]
I am running into the same problem. cmflywav.exe also never shows in process. I've tried my 64bit system and my 32bit, I have not tried the laptop yet. It's good to see someone has it running so I can waste my time on it some more. Cisco could actually offer a "reward" for a procedure to make it work if their engineers are too busy to bother with it.
Message Edited by Dave528 on 07-30-2009 05:59 AM

Exactly the same as echamp1 I'm afraid. I can get the application to run but the music bridge is not detected on the network.

Using Firefox on the same computer I can connect and log into the bridge's graphical interface perfectly.

Using retail Windows 7 Ultimate. Spent another hour playing with compatibility on all files but no joy.

I have now tried my old 32bit workstation, my 64bit new workstation and my Laptop, all running W7 build 7100. I can see the bridge on the network but can not get the cmflywave.exe to stay running. I see it in taskmanager just briefly when I start it but then it drops out. I guess I'll just hold on to the hopes that Cisco/Linksys or the RTM W7 will come up with a fix or the old engineer that did the software originally will post a fix to this forum.:smileysad:

Dave

Sorry for my English, it's no good.

My wrt54g works with Windows 7 RTM (Build 7600)

To make it Work I folow the same steps to make work in Vista SP1 but exists one step more.

you ned to install the sound drivers manually on the device manager, the driver is in the folder C:\Program Files\Linksys\WMB54G\Driver

go to  Action -> add legacy hardwar.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info, The included picture/document does not show up in your post though.

Dave

PS. I did manage to follow the google link though. Thanks again, I'll give it a try.

Message Edited by Dave528 on 08-08-2009 08:44 AM

lacchi, your English is far outweighed by your ability to get this to work. I now have it working on my old 32 bit desktop using Windows 7 RC 7100. As that system is going to be passed on, I am now going to get it running on my 32bit Laptop using the same RC. Once that is a go I will tackle my new 64bit desktop as that will no doubt through a curve into the mix. Hopefully with what you have given me I can get it going too.

Thanks again for your assistance, as I said earlier, Cisco/Linksys should pay a "reward" for the solution if they are too busy to find it themselves and offer it up here. I'll post how I make out so others can try it.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! 

I agree with Dave528, thank you lacchi for your solution.  Following your directions I got my WMB54G to work with Windows 7 RTM X64 on my Dell Desktop.  I will now install Windows 7 RTM X64 on my Dell Laptop, where I primarilary use the WMB54G to stream music to my home theater system.

As Dave528 said - YOU ARE THE MAN!!  Thank You!!!!