grgaston

WML11B Media Link

I have the WML11B media link using the latest available firmware and driver provided by Linksys.  The problem I have is the inability to update the internet radio list, either automatically or manually.  When I attempt to do a manual list update I get the message "Update Failed", and when I view the current radio list version it shows no information at all.  Can anyone offer any assistance on this issue?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
neighbour_devil

Re: WML11B Media Link

try and adjust the MTU on the router ....start at 1492 and reduce to 1200 if needed.
grgaston

After posting this thread I emailed vTuner since my understanding has been that this web service provides the internet radio service for the Media Link.  I received a response indicating I needed a firmware update that wasn't listed on the Linksys site.  I followed the link provided by them and downloaded the firmware, installed it in the Media Link, and then tried to update the radio list.  It actually worked!!
The guy at vTuner also informed me that his impression is that Linksys is no longer selling nor supporting the WML11B, nor do they have any future firmware releases planned.  The firmware provided in the link is a Beta version but so far is working fine.  If anyone else knows something about this issue, please post a response.
pournoor

I have the same problem.  Do you mind sending me the vTuner link for firmware upgrade?  Thanks.
Wbreda

Can you please send me the link.  I'm having the same problem.
Smithdsl

Can you please send me the link.

HEY!!!

I was in the same boat as all of you... Hope this helps...

I also emailed v-tuner (nice people by the way) and they sent me a link to the new BETA firmware. I haven't tried it yet, but here it is!!!

http://www.linksysradio.com/setupapp/linksys1/wmls11b_firmware.zip

Wish us luck.
D :smileyhappy:
Brenda

but do remember that installing a third party software may void the warranty of the device. AND may or may NOT work... if anyone have tried the beta firmware, please post your results here so that we can compare if that beta applies to all...

*just a thought* :smileywink:

Brenda,

Understood, but since Linksys has abandonded the device (No firmware updates since 5/06/05) that we all unfortunately spent hard earned money on, we have no choice but to try beta firmware to get the functionality needed to use the device.

I will be flashing my radio this weekend and will post what happens. Hopefully it will be good news. So far, all of posts I found regarding this bin file have been positive.

Wish me luck,
DJR

:smileyhappy:
grgaston

danr has posted the same link that I received from Vtuner on the beta firmware update. I installed the update about two weeks ago and so far it has worked flawlessly. I might add that it actually works better than the original firmware that was provided by Linksys. I have had no problems updating the radio list or with wireless signal dropouts. So far, at least, I'm quite pleased with the way everything is working. The sad part is that I had to turn to a third-party source (Vtuner) instead of having reliable support from the manufacturer. Let me add that the support from Vtuner was great and much appreciated.