skulker

WML11B (WMLS11B) and WMP11

I just downloaded Windows Media Player 11 and have been giving it a test run. It installs itself with the "sharing" option enabled. Much to my surprise when I powered on one of my WMLS11B's it asked if it was OK to add it. I added it and started to test.

Once I slect the Media server form this PC the WMLS11B just sits there. There is no indication it is doing anything at all. The unit still functions with my Twonky server on another PC. Also, my MP-101 functions with WMP11.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it the firmware?

TIA

skulker
dibbler

Re: WML11B (WMLS11B) and WMP11

hi , i think you will find the answer to this on the microsoft forum...
skulker

Please pardon my stupidity - I am a newbie...

To which Microsoft Forum are you refering? One on the Linksys website or a forum on the microsoft site?

Would you possibly have a link that you could please include?

Thanks,

skulker
Camacho_Daniel

FOLLOW THIS STEPS THEY SHOULD HELP YOU!:

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, use Windows Media Player 11 to re-create the sharing relationships between the computer and the DMR devices.

Note After you re-create the sharing relationships, you can stream music, movies, or pictures from the computer to the DMR devices.

To do this, follow these steps.

Step 1: Use Windows Media Player to select a device with which to share media

To use Windows Media Player to select a device with which to share media, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your circumstances.

If you are installing or upgrading Windows Media Player

a.

When you install or upgrade Windows Media Player, click Yes in the Windows Media Connect Upgrade dialog box.

The Media Sharing dialog box appears.

b.

In the Media Sharing dialog box, make sure that the Share my media option is selected.

c.

In the list of devices, select a device with which you want to share media, and then click Allow.

Note All the devices that were previously available to Windows Media Connect appear in this list.

If you have already installed or upgraded Windows Media Player

a.

Start Windows Media Player.

b.

Click the arrow under the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.

c.

In the Media Sharing dialog box, make sure that the Share my media option is selected.

d.

In the list of devices, select a device with which you want to share media, and then click Allow.

Note All the devices that were previously available to Windows Media Connect appear in this list.

Step 2: Reconfigure the DMR device to play the shared media

To reconfigure the DMR device to play media that is shared from the Windows Media Player library, follow these steps:

a.

Use the device to select the Windows Media Player library that has the shared media.

The Windows Media Player library appears as ComputerName: LibraryName. In this example, ComputerName is the name of the computer on which the Windows Media Player library resides. By default, LibraryName is the same as the Windows user account name.

b.

Use the device to browse for media that you want to play.

Note Some devices, such as Microsoft Xbox 360, require that you perform extra steps to disconnect from one computer before you connect to another computer. For help in using a DMR device to select a computer that is sharing media content, check the documentation that came with the device.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925708/en-us       

skulker

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all of what is outlined but the WML11B just hangs when I select the WMP11 media server. It does not respond or change screens at all.

I suspect it is a firmware issue.

Thanks again,

skulker
Burkhardi

I bet you are using firmware 1.09, if so, the unit will see the service (WMC) but never conenct. It will just sit there and look stupid.

Once I flashed my unit to 2.3.5, I had WMC working and I love it!! Look here for the firmware. Look on the left under files. Also look at some posts to get more info.

best of luck, matt
skulker

Thanks Matt!

I thought I had searched in the past for a Yahoo forum and didn't find one. Oh well.

You are indeed correct when you guessed I am using firmware 1.09.

I have now installed 2.3.5 and everything is fine with WMP11 - and I suppose other things as well!

Thanks again!

John
Burkhardi

John,
Now that's great news!
Did you get the iRadio working too? Use the Manual update and walk through the UI with the remote. Start with pressing the iRadio button.

I am so much more happier with this unit now that you can use WMC!
Glad I was able to help, best regards, Matt
skulker

I don't use Internet radio at all.

I have a TON of OTR (Old Time Radio) and use my three units (plus 2 mp101's) for listening in other areas of my home/garage.

Thanks again for letting me know about the Yahoo group!

John
parviz

Hello Burkhardi;
I read your teply to John regarding WMC/WML11B and sure enough, it did work for me as well! Thanks much...
I also used iRadio and I like it better than the one uncer driver version 1.0.9, thought there were channels on the older version which are not listed now.

Now I am trying to play music out of iTune . I turn on the music sharing of iTiune but WML11B cannot recognize it. Is there any way I could do this?

Thanks in advance... Parviz