CSosbe

WPG54G display troubles

I've got a WPG54G Presentation adapter that seems to work fine so long as the user is an admin. Any time a regular user tries, they can connect to the device fine but when they try to take control, the projector screen goes blank for a few seconds and returns to the blue splash screen. No errors of any kind. Is there some kind of security restriction I need to allow my users?
fox_mulder

Re: WPG54G display troubles

When you say regular user, are you referring to another pc to take over the presentation?
CSosbe

Nope, I'm talking about a user on our network with no special permissions beyond what they need to use the thing. This is my best guess as to why this is happening but it could be a coincidence as well. Here's an example of whats happening. Same computer, two users:

Domain admin user connects and takes control, everytihng is ok.

Standard user connects and takes control, projector goes blank for a few seconds then displays the Linksys splash screen like nothing ever happened.

Hope this helps and thanks for the initial reply.

fox_mulder

you may try to create another user with admin rights and see it has any problem taking control and accessing the presentation.
jfisher944

Connection Error

[ Edited ]

I have a WPG54G Wireless Presentation Player.  The wireless COM is good; it can be pinged.  The software "sees" the device on the wireless but when it attempts to "take control" of the player it throws an error the says: "Connection Failed !(Password error !)"  Has anyone seen this?

Platform = Windows XP Pro SP2.

RAM = 512MB

Fairly new HP desktop PC

I am out of ideas.

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)