Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gmshuman

Wireless Gaming Adapter (WGA600N) and Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR not working

Hello - have been trying to connect a WGA600N to a new LG wireless ready DVD player.  Confirmed with LG that the gaming adapter would work.

The Linksys/Cisco admin CD will not load the WGA's admin page.  Have it connected to my laptop (windows 7) and I can pull up the FIOS router (192.1681.1) but not the Linksys router.  Have been told by different people to change IP & DNS settings and no luck.  I pressed the reset button on the WGA600 and power, ethernet and flashing wireless are all green.

Any suggestions on how to connect this to the LG BD550.

The Linksys adapter was working fine (verizon DSL and connected it to a DirecTV console).  Changed to all Verizon FIOS (TV & Internet) and trying to connect the WGA adapter to a DVD player to stream Netflix.

Thanks for any recommendations

Wizzard

Re: Wireless Gaming Adapter (WGA600N) and Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR not working

You can access the FIOS router setup using 192.168.1.1.

Connect the WGA600N adapter to the FIOS router with the Ethernet cable. Press and hold the reset button WGA for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the gaming adapter.

The default IP address of WGA600N is 192.168.1.250. Open the internet browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.250 and hit enter. Log in to the setup page of WGA. The default password is admin, leave the user name blank.

Once you log in to the setup page of WGA, you can change the required settings of the gaming adapter.

gbonser

Re: Wireless Gaming Adapter (WGA600N) and Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR not working

rwharris

You responded to the below message in 2010.  I am having a similar problem and your guidance did not work for me.  I cannot access the WGA600N IP address.  I keep getting the error message that the website is taking too long to respond.  I previously had Verizon DSL and used the adapter for Direct TV.  After upgrading to FIOS I cannot.  The only other difference is that I've upgraded from XP to 7.  Any help you could provide would be appreciated.  Thanks.

------------------------------------

Hello - have been trying to connect a WGA600N to a new LG wireless ready DVD player.  Confirmed with LG that the gaming adapter would work.

The Linksys/Cisco admin CD will not load the WGA's admin page.  Have it connected to my laptop (windows 7) and I can pull up the FIOS router (192.1681.1) but not the Linksys router.  Have been told by different people to change IP & DNS settings and no luck.  I pressed the reset button on the WGA600 and power, ethernet and flashing wireless are all green.

Any suggestions on how to connect this to the LG BD550.

The Linksys adapter was working fine (verizon DSL and connected it to a DirecTV console).  Changed to all Verizon FIOS (TV & Internet) and trying to connect the WGA adapter to a DVD player to stream Netflix.

castor

If you are not using a router or access point or are unable to locate the address, you can reset the Gaming Adapter by pressing the Reset button on the back of the Gaming Adapter for approximately five seconds, using a pin or straightened paper clip. This will reset the Gaming Adapter back to the factory default settings and assign static IP address of 192.168.1.250 to the Gaming Adapter.

Here is the link for further troubleshooting: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=980adb638dd4490a9be65749aa12f7b4_17539.xml&pid=80&...

chris5r

[ Edited ]

as noted in the link provided by castor

once you reset to factory defaults on the gaming adapter you also have to set your ip to static 192.168.1.10 (or anything other than 0,1 or 255) and subnet mask to 25.25.25.0 this will then let you access the gaming adapters web management page through your laptop (or desktop).

I have Fios as well as the WGA600N.  once your in setup your wireless settings and what not, and if you plan on using the fios router as is you must disable DHCP on the linksys WGA600N.  Then the router will assign an ip address to whatever device is connected to the gaming adapter automatically and you can then access the web page of the adapter once you set the ip address and subnet back to auto.

once this is all done your LG DVD player should be able to connect (you may need to power cycle the wga600n when hooking it up to your lg)

- Chris5