Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ndlest

Xbox 360 won't connect

Please help! My husband purchased the MN-740 adapter for my sons xbox360 to use with the WRT54G V-8 router, but it's not working. We tried Linksys support and they told me to change the GHZ to channel 1 it was on channel 6 and disable the upnp(i think) and also in the security area I was told to uncheck the Block Anonymous internet request.The Xbox recognizes the SSID but It won't connect. We have several laptops that work fine, but for some reason the xbox says there is an error when trying to connect. I've tried turning off the devices then restarting them, as suggested in a previous post, with no luck...

Thank U in  advace for any help or response given!

helm

Re: Xbox 360 won't connect

Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...

Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...

1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...

2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...

3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...

3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...

4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...

5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox

IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...

6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox

Primary dns :- 4.2.2.2...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1

7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...

8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...

Check the Wireless Settings of your router here , once you have all the wireless settings go to the xbox and try to connect to your SSID, it should ask you for the WEP/Network Key...Enter the WEP/Network Key and it should connect...

Ndlest

Re: Xbox 360 won't connect

Ok, this is what I've noticed...The Router is set for WPA personal and so are the laptops,however the Xbox 360 is not. I noticed you said something  in your post about the WEP key, this I think, could be the problem.  The XBOX 360 asks  for the WEP key. How do I change this security setting on either the router or the Xbo?  And will doing so comprise my security on the router?Also will the other Laptops have to be configured if the router is changed to a WEP security setting?

Thank You So very much For taking the time to respond!