Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
flippertie

Re: wmb54g utility v1.4

Hey - i know I'm really late to the party but.....

I'm trying to reinstall a WMV54g musicbridge thing on an old XP system. Everything is fine as far as connecting the device to the network etc, but I cannot for the life of me find a place to download the software to run on the PC.

I've searched google for all the keywords I can think of, every linksys and cisco website and forum i can find and nothing.

If anyone can point me to a link, or send me a copy i'd be really grateful :smileyhappy:

Yours in hope ....

Administrator
24JUAN80

You mean the Setup Wizard?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
flippertie

That's the one:smileyhappy: Thanks.

Silly me looking for linksys products on linksysbycisco and linksis sites when it's obvious that it would be on Cisco.....

wcw808

O.K.  The adamskc fix works for me.  The question is how to make it keep working after I shut down and restart the next day?  I have to go in an manually start all three files and then to my sound card to choose speakers before it will work.

Is there a way to make this happen automatically.  Can a script be written to make it auto start all these files?  I don't know how to do this but it seems to me that it should not be rocket science.  I'd be willing to give it a go, if someone can point me in the right direction.

wcw808

I have just been reading these forums and talking to some computer buddies of mine.  I did as instructed by adamskc and everything works fine, but I also decided to try putting cmas2ds and CmFlywav in my start up folder and it worked very well.  I just highlighted and  copied them from their directory with right click, then went to Start-All Programs and right clicked on the Startup folder and clicked open.  Then pasted them as shortcuts and made sure they were at the top of the list and in the order prescribed by adamskc.  I then rebooted and opened my bridge and it was showing the connection just like it's supposed to.  It's back and working and no hoops to jump through after start up.

So you don't have to go looking, here's adamskc post from earlier in this thread.

adamskc

wmb54g utility v1.4 

After searching for hours, found this reciepe and it worked on a windows 7 forum.  The key to Windows 7 is the install of the legacy driver below. 

Run msconfig and uncheck cmflywav.exe from start-up.
Set compatability of WMB54G.exe, cmas2ds.exe and cmflywav.exe to windows xp sp2 mode.
Manually install legacy hardware (Go to device manager and right click on the top computer name and you will find install legacy driver)...pick cmudaxv.inf from drivers folder in programs(x86)/linksys/wmb54g/drivers.
Reboot...manually run cmas2ds.exe, CmFlywav.exe and WMB54G in that order (all in the program(x86)/linksys/wmb54g/drivers or program(x86)/linksys/wmb54g

Open bridge utility and connect.
Right click speaker icon on taskbar and pick playback devices.
Set 'Speakers- wireless G music bridge' as default...Voila!

Happy Music everyone.:smileyhappy:

RockwellBoss

Hi I finally got a WMB54G recently and I'm trying to set it up--like everyone with WIndows 7 has gone through in the past.  Unfortunately, despite all of the hybrid guides I've sifted through, CISCO recently removed the driver for WMB54G Utility v1.4.  It is literally nowhere to be found at this point and the Setup .zip does not contain the newest utility version, even when clicking "Install the Utility." 

Can anyone send me a link to a Utility v1.4 please, perhaps through Dropbox or a file-hosting service like sendspace.com?  Otherwise you can message me and I'll give you my email.

Most appreciated.

Bay TV

Cisco says the product is discontinued and no longer supported. They have removed the files from the website too.

I had to hunt them down.

Here they are.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9KEL2JL

Thanks for nothing cisco! :manmad:

RockwellBoss

thanks for posting the link!

Machiavelli

I have two bridges in two different wireless locations. Utility finds them but is extremely "FRAGILE", even with, now, a Linksys "n" WPA security router. Solution when one cannot get music? Uninstall and reinstall. Have been tiresomely doing this for years.

Newest problem is CmFlywav.exe (Linksys-furnished and required by WMB54G,) grabbed 99% of RAM!!!. Solution, again, uninstall utility and reinstall. No identifiable reason it did so. but again, that so-called "utility".

It is just that I cannot live without music, but there are certainly other better(?) and cheaper solutionhs. 

Utility

Bay TV

[ Edited ]

After trying it,  gave up and ended up just running shielded audio cable directly.

Result? Bulletproof audio connection to the back deck.

I use a wifi access point to get wifi out there, the PC running Itunes with homeshare turned on, and 'remote' on my iphone (or Ipad) to control tunes/playlist/volume.

Itunes can also be remote controled from Android by installing 'remote for android'   :smileyhappy:

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)