Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
memeyou

False positive "new data available" emails(?)

I keep getting emails saying I have new data yet the report site only results in "The dates that you have selected did not return any Home Network Defender data, please try again."

Also, I was unable to register due to some billing error but the same information was used for registering NMP.

Using current firmware/NMP and IE8.

Linksys
spencer

Re: False positive "new data available" emails(?)

We have consolidated the HND and NM reports.  The new data could be referring to the NM data.  In regards to the billing, we are resolving an issue right now which is preventing you from purchasing HND.  Hope to have a resolution shortly. 

Thanks-

memeyou

oh well...

Whichever it is - I still get the emails from cisco.com and when I login at the link I still get no report data.  I tried it in firefox and got the same.  It's probably a good thing the purchase didn't go through if this doesn't work.

lex_m

Re: oh well...

[ Edited ]

Has this been solved? I'm experiencing the same problem...

Lex

Message Edited by lex_m on 08-27-2009 12:36 AM
lex_m

Re: oh well...

Yep,

It works after activation, which took a while, now after I bought it Vista sp2 problems.... 

tkos69

I have the same problem.

But I have tuned off  NM reports and HND at all.

I get emails from  reportnotifications@cisco.com

"Your Network Report has new data available "

"Cisco Network Magic and Home Network Defender provides you with an easy-to-use report of computer and network activity for your home network.
This reporting tool helps you learn more about the risks associated with your family's online activities. For your convenience the report will show combined data from Network Magic and Home Network Defender if available.
To access the latest report, simply click here. You may be asked to login with your Home Network Defender email address and password.
Alternatively, you can access the report through the Linksys Easy Link Advisor or Cisco Network Magic applications.
Thank you,
Your Linksys by Cisco Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Replies to this e-mail will not be responded to or read.
You received this message because you are registered as a Home Network Defender subscriber.
You are subscribed as ???@????. If you no longer wish to receive these emails please click the "Stop receiving emails" link at the bottom of your report. "

I login and I click  "Stop receiving emails" after each email but I am stil spamed by emails from  reportnotifications@cisco.com

I am waiting for solution.

Thanks-

RandyMP

It's been two years and still receiving those spam emails.  So annoying and no one to contact to stop it.

rcubrien@tadaust.org.au

Unwanted emails

I have been receiving daily emails as follows:

"Cisco Network Magic and Home Network Defender provides you with an easy-to-use report of computer and network activity for your home network.
This reporting tool helps you learn more about the risks associated with your family's online activities. For your convenience the report will show combined data from Network Magic and Home Network Defender if available."

I cannot reply to this email and the links ask me for my email address and password but do not recognize them. I run the Cisco Network Magic Essentials

Can someone please advise how I can stop these emails.

Christine, Sydney, Australia